New University of Arizona Football Jerseys

amare32

Someone posted the jerseys some time ago. It was a replica, and they're like University of Miami's, but with the Titans' font - which UofA has had for a few years now.

FF117664-xl.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Quoting the article directly:

1. "Arizona will break out new retro-look jerseys late in the week."

2. "Local stores are carrying mock versions of the jerseys, and the navy mock style closely resembles the new Nike ensemble, with a wavy line along the shoulder and down the sides of the uniform ."

Am I the only one who senses a contradiction between Statement #1 and #2?

:blink: !

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

2. "Local stores are carrying mock versions of the jerseys, and the navy mock style closely resembles the new Nike ensemble, with a wavy line along the shoulder and down the sides of the uniform ."

The answer is that there are in fact three jerseys -- home, road and retro.

No major details about the uniform switch will be released until its debut, but Stoops said there are three sets of jerseys and two sets of pants.

NOW it's coming together. The original article wasn't even close to mentioning this information.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The answer is that there are in fact three jerseys -- home, road and retro.

No major details about the uniform switch will be released until its debut, but Stoops said there are three sets of jerseys and two sets of pants.

That's not what I got from the more recent article.

This is Stoops's quote about the new, navy uniforms, which have the red "ARIZONA" under the numbers on the back:

"They are a lot like (the) Miami (Hurricanes) in a lot of ways," Stoops said. "They have 'Arizona' written below the backs. It's more retro - the new style - and away from the old traditional straight blue (look). They will look good."

So, the navy jerseys, are a lot like the UM jerseys. Which we can all agree are not retro in any way at all, whatsoever. Novel striping in unheard of places, unique fonts.

First of all, how is this new look - what Stoops is calling "retro" - more old-fashioned than the 'old traditional' uniform?

The 3rd jersey they mention is a red one. But Stoops isn't talking about this 3rd jersey in the quote above. He doesn't mention it at all.

Besides a white road jersey, the third may draw upon UA's other color, cardinal. The football team has not worn red since former coach Larry Smith's first season in 1980.

This article doesn't prove anything. And I am still confused how this new look is in any way "retro".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I am gonna get up on the soapbox here and rant for a minute about Nike and schools

getting away from what made them unique. UA had great, no wait, make that awesome unis

last I looked. The lone blue and red stripes on the helmet matched with the same

down the pant was just great. It bespoke of college football, no one else had it,

it was Ua's all alone. Even when they switched to the titan-esque font, they still

looked great. Much like V.Tech's opposite color numbers, it's what made

V.Tech, V.Tech. Now, through the soylent green process of elimination we have the

desert hurricanes, yippee and ring me when they switch back in 3 years, I am going to

get another beer and a new soapbox, this is one is too wobbly.

Maybe the retro thing is just having numbers on the front and sleeve and the swoosh but no team name (other than the Arizona on the back) anyword if the players last name will appear on the back? The 3rd jersey will be red.

Hopefully those new Cats? unis look just as sharp, right Darrell?

?They?re cool, they?re cool,? Brooks said in reference to the new uniforms, which include an alternative all-red option.

?They?re not gonna help (with) anything, but we?re gonna look good,? he said.

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

Hey ebod, I totally agree. Schools lose their identity when they go and make stupid changes like this. Soon, half of college football will have this stupid Miami piping (even though it has nothing to do with the schools identity). And by the way, how ridiculous is "Arizona" written across that red stripe on the back?

AM.gif

Van Damme!

OK, I'm not a fan of the "Arizona" below the numbers on the back. But I really like the cardinal red uniform. These are another instance of uniforms that look better on the players. Of course, authentic jerseys generally put replicas to shame.

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

Not as bad as I had expected. I'd like to see the backs to see how bad of a mess Nike made of them before fully making up my mind.

Still not seeing anything retro about these, especially now that we can see all of the jerseys. Modern numbers, collars and Nike-style piping. But whatever, I really feared the worst. So far, not so bad.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived