MY Cincinnati Reds Concept

robbman21

A few days ago I took notice of all of the Reds concepts that flooded the boards all about the same time,and although all were nice,none of them actually did anything

"different".They were all pretty-much based on current elements of the current unis and re-colors.So I thought about taking them in a new direction,and upon thinking on this I remembered an old Frank Robinson card that showed him in the early 60's unis.The "C" was not the one they'd used most of their existence,and black was added to the mix.Now people on here scream from time to time that there should be no black in the REDS unis,but there is historical precident for this and so I wanted to keep in but tone it down in some places and pick it up in others.

I returned to the old "C",and mixed elements of the 1961-1966 unis with the 1992-1998 unis and a few of my own ideas.Also 1966 was the last time the road script was arched more than just slightly and also it has appeared pretty much like the 1967 version through many variations on til today.That was one thing I REALLY wanted to change and wanted to give a vintage look to it,since the Redleggings are the oldest team in the MLB.Well,all my explaining aside,here is my Cincinnati Reds Concept.Enjoy this friends....because concepts from the Robbman are increasingly rare :D

RedsConcept.gif

98Falcons.png

I don't like the new C, but the road script would work great with the current C. And, the logo on the 2 homes and the BP belongs on the opposite side.

VmWIn6B.png

I don't like the new C, but the road script would work great with the current C. And, the logo on the 2 homes and the BP belongs on the opposite side.

Yeah I know that all single-sided baseball fronts are on the left side of the body,but to me that has always looked odd if you include a number in it.Human way is to read things left-right,so to see everything on the right with no balance on the left throws things off kilter:to see the number on the left(right front) also seems bizarre seems we're used to seeing it on the lower left front.

Also I agree the Red's "C" is almost iconic,but many considered the Falcons logo to be in the same way,and we see what happened with that.The difference here is that the Falcons had only ever used the one bird,while the Reds actually did use this "C".

I may revisit this with the current "C" and flip/flopping the logos on the home and BP.

98Falcons.png

robbman i like the effort put into this but i have to agree with unwind. the wishbone c is ours and we have many arguements about how its ares and not the chicagos bears or the cleveland indians. that c is sacred imo. what i do like is the all red hat on the home {we've been waiting years for that to come back} and home sunday alt looks really sharp. i think if you used their current logo package you would have a real winner here.

Replace the C with the current one and you've got a very fine set. Especially like (except for the road alt and the BP) that there is hardly any black, which is the one thing I hate about the current uniforms. Also, kudos for bringing the pinstripes back! :P

i actually like the black on their uniforms now, i dont think a little more black would hurt yours at all, but they are pretty cool now. have to agree with everyone on the c, plus the logo on your home unis is a little to similar to the cubs logo. batting practice jerseys are pretty sweet but id like to see red or black jerseys during games as opposed to just during batting practice which not everyone sees anyway.

i actually like the black on their uniforms now, i dont think a little more black would hurt yours at all, but they are pretty cool now. have to agree with everyone on the c, plus the logo on your home unis is a little to similar to the cubs logo. batting practice jerseys are pretty sweet but id like to see red or black jerseys during games as opposed to just during batting practice which not everyone sees anyway.

thats just an interepatition of the C-reds logo. and the cubs stole it from us anyways

I decided to revisit this with the input all of you gave me and I have to say I'm happier with these results.Interested in hearing what my fellow CCSLC'ers think on my tweaks.I also added a sleeve patch to all of the jerseys.Enjoy!!

RedsConcept2.gif

Mr.gif

98Falcons.png

Excellent job on the edit. It's good to see a concept that's been done in a refreshing new way. Not overly drastic changes, but enough courage to try something different that, I think, actually works here. The old uniforms looked classic but a little drab and the new ones just needed something pulled back. This is a nice mix. The only thing I'd like to see is the road script slightly coming out of the C just for some more balance.

Archived