new piedmont college logo unveiled

leggman01

piedmont college, in demorest, ga has unveiled their new athletic logo - the redesign was done by tempest and there was a very direct connection to these boards that got him the work (the sid/head hoops coach is a friend of mine and i told him he should contact a number of the designers) - overall, i think it's a big improvement over the previous look and i know the school is happy with this new "updated" identity - great work, tempest

piedmont website

jldesigns404eo.png

Thank you Legg for saving me the time of posting this. :P I had planned on it, but it probably would have been a while before I got around to it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here's a sample ofTempest's work - awesome job buddy!!!!

I really like all the different types of logos you put together - :notworthy:

lions_green.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Great job, man. This set is definately an improvement.

I'm assuming on those logo sets they only wanted two color logos, hence the lack of gold. As long as they let you put gold in the three color logos. :D

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Yes, they ended up going with only one- and two-color sets with the option of adding gold at a later time.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of this. Nice idea, but it's just too cluttered. I would have preferred a more simplified lion and a custom font. Maybe silver instead of black?

Before someone turns the flame on me, yes, I acknowledge that I couldn't do better...

number55 - you have to realize that this is not a concept...it's an actual logo done for a client, whose colors happen to be green and black (they have used gold in the past, but not silver) - i know that tempest was also limited by the school because they asked for an "update" of a current logo rather than a "new" logo (see this thread)- this is the logo that the school chose after being presented with multiple options (see this thread)

jldesigns404eo.png

Yes, Green and black are the colors of the school, so green and black are the colors of the logo. You really can get much simpler than what I've got without taking away the highlights in the mane, which would leave a huge, empty green space around the face. And for the record, it is a custom font. I designed it as it was requested by the client, with the flared, angled ends seen in the wordmarks.

Archived