Why can't the Colts look like the Vikes?

bulldogbarks55

Watching the Vikings last night made me wonder. The Vikings have a UCLA shoulder insert on their white jerseys. It looks normal. My question is if Reebok can make the insert correctly for the Vikings, then why not for the Colts? The Colts wore that style long before Minnie and that Colt package has always been one of football's best. In the last couple of years Indy has worn those damn raglan sleeves with the insert about half the size it should be. Which I don't think works very well on a football jersey. Your feelings out there, guys..... :wacko:

Clearly, you haven't taken a good, close look at the Vikings' linemen.

Not than anyone would ever want to, mind you.

Oh, how I long for the day when a football jersey had something called "sleeves." They came down almost all the way to a player's elbow. And they allowed for intricate striped designs to appear on a jersey without looking ridiculous and out of place. And players never complained about how those dangling sleeves hindered their play on the field...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The one that NEVER made sense is the Jets. The White stripe just looks out of place now that it doesn't go all around.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

What I don't get is how stripes and even templates vary among players ON THE SAME TEAM!

Example: Hugh Douglas and Jeramiah Trotter on the Eagles both have jerseys built on a template that includes a variation of the raglan style sleeve. The rest of the team uses the template with the standard set-in sleeve. It doesn't really matter because they don't have stripes, but it would really be a mess if they did and the stripes looked way different on two of the players.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The strange thing to me is that the Rams jerseys don't have this problem.

Not all Rams players have the gold stripe go ALL the way around the shoulder/sleeve, but they all go to at least the arm pit I believe, and it looks fine.

Perhaps the stripes are in a slightly different location, but I don't see why the Colts and Vikes wouldn't move theirs over a couple of inches if it meant not having that half stripe crap. It's not like anyone would notice THAT change.

I wholeheartedly agree with the beefs about the "shortened" stripes on the Colts jerseys and other jerseys.

I mean, it almost looks as if the team is too cheap to get stripes that go down to the armpits.

Ditto to that.

Archived