My Throwback Yankee Jersey

redsfan39

this has me thinking... maybe some of you can help me out on this....

i'm very interested in buying an old school houston oilers jersey... undecided on the name and number, but i'm leaning towards earl campbell very heavily...

either way, i can't afford $400 for a throwback.

so i was thinking about seeing if i could get it made somewhere else.

the reason why i'm not sure if it's completely illegal is this:

it's legal for that company to make people fantasy football uniforms, right? with NFL players. i've seen avenger's cockpilots jersey with ray lewis' name and number. i've also seen someone with culpepper 11 on a fantasy football jersey... so it seems the names aren't too illegal.

what exactly would make a counterfeit houston oilers jersey illegal, then? they don't have any logos or wordmarks anywhere on the jersey. it was just baby blue with red and white stripes... very easily recognizable, but obviously you can't copyright color combinations.

so what do you guys think?

it almost seems as though i can "trick" the laws into making counterfeit steve mcnair oilers throwbacks legal... all i'd have to do was name my fantasy football team the dallas oilers :) because i've got mcnair as my #2 QB...

can someone clarify this for me?

You are correct on this Cole.

Although Earl Campbell is a member of the NFLRPA,it would be impossible to convict anyone on the use of the name "CAMPBELL" with the #34 UNLESS it is speciafically stated and advertised in writing or some viable proof there-of that it is indeed an "EARL CAMPBELL-HOUSTON OILERS JERSEY".As long as it contains no NFL marks such as the NFL shield or the derrick logos...which their jerseys had neither of....then it is in no such violation of any written,established copyright laws and as long as it is solely used and/or worn by the maker/producer of the jersey in a non-for-profit way.

Hope this helps and good luck with that jersey!

98Falcons.png

Also, if you are wanting to get a jersey made with copyrighted logos, at least of a college team (i.e. An Arkansas jersey), it is only illegal to get it made if you are going to make a profit from it. Since Robb is not making any kind of profit, in fact even taking a bit of a loss from the jersey, it is legal. But bootlegs like you see on eBay are illegal since they are being sold for profit.

well it looks like I'm going to have to end this on a down note, it appears that the mailmen left the box on my doorstep instead of dropping it down at my lease office, and somebody stole it along with another package I was expecting. Mark my words though, if I catch one of my neighbors wearing it he will be in for a ass-kicking of the liftime...

I thought that they were supposed to leave a card saying that a delivery was attempted but you had to call in order for them to deliver the package at another date. I've gotten that a few times from the mailman. Unfortunately, the UPS guy didn't show the same courtesy. Fortunately, none of my packages were stolen. It is the mailman's fault on this one. You should make them pay for the cost of the package stolen since they do share a lot of responsibility for this incident.

Ha this one gets to end better than I thought it would. A good friend of mine saw it laying on my doorstep for about 5 hours so he grabbed for me because he knew I would be home late. He just neglected to tell me about it until this morning lol. Sorry bout that I suppose I overreacted, but the tracking # said delivered and just two weeks ago I had some software on my doorstep that "dissapperared", so I assumed the worst had happeded

and sacker thats what I've gotten before but he never seems to do things twice...He'll leave a note or he'll just leave it there.

now onto the jersey, the things is a jaw dropping beatuiful. It's easily the best jersey I have now, it's very soft and everything looks really superb, I couldn't be happier.

WHEW!!

Drew you JUST made my day here in Louisiana!With all the chaos,madness,sorrow that we've been going through this week I really needed some good news.I was really looking forward to you gettoing your shirt this weekend to give me a break from the gloom around here,and when I heard you thought it was stolen my heart literally sank.I told Rachel about it and she even got really sad over it.I'm so glad to hear that you have it in hand and I'm even happier to hear that you really like it.I tried really hard to match those old Yankee tops as best I could and I cant be happier that your pleased with it.

Enjoy your one of a kind 1961 Mickey Mantle jersey!

98Falcons.png

WHEW!!

Drew you JUST made my day here in Louisiana!With all the chaos,madness,sorrow that we've been going through this week I really needed some good news.I was really looking forward to you gettoing your shirt this weekend to give me a break from the gloom around here,and when I heard you thought it was stolen my heart literally sank.I told Rachel about it and she even got really sad over it.I'm so glad to hear that you have it in hand and I'm even happier to hear that you really like it.I tried really hard to match those old Yankee tops as best I could and I cant be happier that your pleased with it.

Enjoy your one of a kind 1961 Mickey Mantle jersey!

tis a thing of beauty, you are a true expert in your craft.

Archived