My Throwback Yankee Jersey

redsfan39

As some of you guys who read Here

I was looking for a throwback Yankees jersey akin to the ones in 61*. Most of the responses I got said pay 300 bucks for a Mitchell & Ness. That being said, Robbman21 PM'd me saying he can probably make one for a whole lot cheaper. So I asked him how much, he said $40, and I sent that money order next day :D . (For those of you wondering about conterfeiting, he did not make a profit off this, he simply told me he has means to have this made and I paid for everything to the dime, the materials, the stitching, the shipping, etc...so he's not profiting) So I'm extremely satisfied and wanted to share with you guys. Here's the pics:

61MantleFront.jpg

61MantleBack.jpg

61Mantle7.jpg

617Close.jpg

61MantleNY.jpg

61MantleClose.jpg

61MantleTag.jpg

Once again Huge Props to Robbman, he did a hell of a job!

And just for more clarity before people bash me(which is probably inevitable),it actually cost me $54 when all was said and done,so I actually spent $14 extra to make this for Drew and do it RIGHT.This is also on the understanding that this is solely for Drew(redsfan39) and that he will never sell it himself in an attept to profit.I dont advertise that I can do this but I do like to help people out once in a while.Knowing that I know how much it costs Mitchell and Ness to make a jersey,and compared with the prices they charge,it makes me absolutely sick how much they charge for their apparel.Granted it is TOP quality and this is America and capitalism is the name of the game,but not all of us can plop down $250-$400 on a jersey.Heck,a lot of us can put down $70 for a Reebok replica.

Again I'll stress this was soley for his personal wear and I'm not running my own

mass production counterfeit/bootleg shop in the woods of Arkansas.

And now I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

98Falcons.png

Well for starters:

The "NY" on pre 1976 jerseys has an inconsistent height and width,whereas the newer ones are all 5 1/2" wide AND tall,and they also come to sharp points on all corners.The older "NY" is slightly rounded.

Also the number font is the standard MLB block that most teams use.Since 1976 they have used the varsity standard font w/serifs.

Also this jersey is not polyester as those of today.This has a much more accurate fabric blend.

98Falcons.png

Well for starters:

The "NY" on pre 1976 jerseys has an inconsistent height and width,whereas the newer ones are all 5 1/2" wide AND tall,and they also come to sharp points on all corners.The older "NY" is slightly rounded.

Also the number font is the standard MLB block that most teams use.Since 1976 they have used the varsity standard font w/serifs.

Also this jersey is not polyester as those of today.This has a much more accurate fabric blend.

and we shortened the sleeves and had the logo and numbers "vintage-stressed" :D

Well, what is it? Is it a store bought jersey, or did you make that too?

Well I did'nt make it....but it's not "store bought" either.I ordered it through one of my shirt suppliers,however it was specially made for this:They do not stock full-button pinstriped jerseys :D

98Falcons.png

That reminds me. I'm still wanting to get to get those two jerseys made by you hopefully sometime soon. There are just a few obstacles that I need to go through to get that accomplished. I would have done it months ago, but it just happened to be right when I was concentrated on finals and I was just plain tapped out. Sorry for the long delay, but I hope that we can get this moving soon. I just remembered that I also made .png backup files of the numerals that I made when I had Paint Shop. However, it is just a white image with a black background, but it should be sufficient.

well it looks like I'm going to have to end this on a down note, it appears that the mailmen left the box on my doorstep instead of dropping it down at my lease office, and somebody stole it along with another package I was expecting. Mark my words though, if I catch one of my neighbors wearing it he will be in for a ass-kicking of the liftime...

Oh no!You've got to be kidding me!!I was hoping to read this post and see where you recieved it and what you thought about it in person.Man I cant believe this.Tha gall of some people...especially to walk up to your doorstep and steal a package.What in the world!?

Well you do know one thing:That is the only jersey like it this side of Cooperstown,so if you see someone wearing it you have every right to rip it right off them!

Unfreakinbelievable.I just cant believe this....I'm literally sick to my stomach now.

98Falcons.png

yeah I'm pretty bummed out, I'm worried though because I have a Blues jersey and that Giants jersey Robb coming, I might pay someone to sit at my house for a day and get the mail for me because frankly, I don't trust my neighbors as far as I can throw them. It's a real shame because it looked so good and I was really excited to get it...

I'm sorry Robb I know you put a ton of work into it...

think it was the M&N police that got ya..hey..while you are illegally using someone elses copyrighted logo,why dont you priint up some benjamins for me too....

and isnt there a currant post about some guy wanting to get permission to use a designers logo here for his FANTASY football team?..and people went nuts claiming its "the artists rights to say when and if his idea is used"...did the 2 of you ask M & N if you could use the patch design and stuff?..some people scare me with their inconsistancies...if any Mod had any sense..this would be shut down ,rather than encouraged..or maybe even a suspension is in order?....how would you guys feel if your work was used without asking?....ive seeen the results recently and it aint pretty..

instant karmas gonna get ya!!..isnt CC a Lennon fan?

FishNChips_200.jpg

think it was the M&N police that got ya..hey..while  you are illegally using someone elses copyrighted logo,why dont you priint up some benjamins for me too....

and isnt  there a  currant post about some guy wanting to get permission to use a designers logo here for his FANTASY football team?..and people went nuts  claiming its "the artists rights  to say when  and if his idea is used"...did the 2 of you ask M & N if you could use the  patch design and stuff?..some people scare me with their inconsistancies...if any Mod had any sense..this would be shut down ,rather than encouraged..or maybe even a suspension  is in order?....how would you guys feel if your work was used without asking?....ive seeen the results recently and it aint pretty..

sure suspend me...right now I'm so mad/dissapointed I don't give a rats ass

btw did you read any of the above posts..... <_<

think it was the M&N police that got ya..hey..while you are illegally using someone elses copyrighted logo,why dont you priint up some benjamins for me too....

and isnt there a currant post about some guy wanting to get permission to use a designers logo here for his FANTASY football team?..and people went nuts claiming its "the artists rights to say when and if his idea is used"...did the 2 of you ask M & N if you could use the patch design and stuff?..some people scare me with their inconsistancies...if any Mod had any sense..this would be shut down ,rather than encouraged..or maybe even a suspension is in order?....how would you guys feel if your work was used without asking?....ive seeen the results recently and it aint pretty..

What in the world are you talking about? That isn't a M&N patch. It is something robbman made up. Plus, it is for his own personal use, it is not like they are selling these things.

i apologize if im wrong then..i assumed the cooperstown patch was a M & N thing....dont they have that collection?..any way..(did he ask Cooperstown or the HoF for permission)?..i stil think its great that he did a bootleg shirt and then is sad when its stolen....c'mon..ever seen that episode of Cops where the white trash lady calls the police to complain the drug dealer "robbed" her and didnt give her enought change or something..classic stuff here on CCSLC everday

FishNChips_200.jpg

First-off "Cooperstown" is the name of a city....and since you are probably not as well versed in legal sense you cannot copyright the name of a city.The tag that I made MYSELF and put on that jersey says "Cooperstown Classics" and has nothing to do nor is to be confused with "Cooperstown Collection" that Majestic did a few years.That jersey does not contain any MLB marks other than the Yankees "NY",

which has been used over and over ad-nauseum by literally countless other schools,little leagues,fantasy and others.Also notice it has no name on the back,and hence is not in violation of the MLBPA.

This is EXACTLY the reason I rarely do this anymore other than for my own personal wear.If it's something I can go to the store and buy....I buy it and I would tell someone else to do the same.I only agree to do this for someone when it is an item that is only available if you took it from a various HOF or from a players personal collection.

And for the record I have NEVER profited from this and credit the proper owners with their marks.

Damn....and you try to do something good for somebody!!!

98Falcons.png

I'm confused, I thought it was RK and not M&N?

And to both Redsfan, and Robb, very sorry for all the hard work and expectations. Your neighbors must be real ***** for stealing something like that. If I were you i'd move as far as possible if I were you. It's a real shame something that nice has gotten in the wrong hands

Archived