Michael Finley to San Antonio

amare32

NO WAY! San Antonio OVER PHoenix! Say it aint so!

Finley would've helped Phoenix SO MUCH since they lost Joe Johnson, he would've

made that team a contender but he went for a more estanlished winning team where

he will have a good chance at winning another one there since they already got

Nick Van Exel the day before.

I don't normally cheer for a repeat, but I'd love to see Finley get a ring. (Though I wish it was alongside KG)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm a bit surprised he went to San Antonio. Seems as though Phoenix was a better fit with the wide open offense and they don't play defense. Guess this is the end of the Brent Barry experiment though. Finley definitely has lost a "step" but he's going to provide that offensive spark that Barry was supposed to bring.

However, I shouldn't be surprised though. He's still collecting on that Dallas contract, so he's still getting his money and now he can chase that ring he never could have won in Dallas. Best of both worlds.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm a bit surprised he went to San Antonio.  Seems as though Phoenix was a better fit with the wide open offense and they don't play defense.

OK, bub. I'll concede that we didn't play much defense last year. But in the offseason we've added Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Brian Grant. All of those guys are strong defensive players. The only question is whether Grant is healthy, but I understand he is.

We will continue to field an offensive-oriented team. Steve Nash makes the offense fluid, while Shawn Marion and my namesake are great finishers. Thomas has a solid mid-range jumper and can pass. Bell is an accurate perimeter shooter.

And now, instead of just outscoring teams, we will have the depth and gritty roleplayers necessary to produce stops at the other end of the floor.

But the biggest piece was already on the team. Everybody saw Stoudemire's offensive game improve tremendously last season. He has the talent and the motivation to become a defensive force.

Remember the TD dunk he blocked lin the playoffs last season? Only a hint at what's to come. Watch out, disbelievers!

I'm a bit surprised he went to San Antonio.  Seems as though Phoenix was a better fit with the wide open offense and they don't play defense.

OK, bub. I'll concede that we didn't play much defense last year. But in the offseason we've added Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Brian Grant. All of those guys are strong defensive players. The only question is whether Grant is healthy, but I understand he is.

We will continue to field an offensive-oriented team. Steve Nash makes the offense fluid, while Shawn Marion and my namesake are great finishers. Thomas has a solid mid-range jumper and can pass. Bell is an accurate perimeter shooter.

And now, instead of just outscoring teams, we will have the depth and gritty roleplayers necessary to produce stops at the other end of the floor.

But the biggest piece was already on the team. Everybody saw Stoudemire's offensive game improve tremendously last season. He has the talent and the motivation to become a defensive force.

Remember the TD dunk he blocked lin the playoffs last season? Only a hint at what's to come. Watch out, disbelievers!

Wow Amare, I just felt like I was at a sermon and you were the preacher...So I just have one thing to say to that [starts preaching]AMEN Brotha Amen...Preach on Preach...The Suns will take us to the Promise Land and Brotha Amare...Brotha Nash...And Brotha Shawn Will take us to the Promise Land...AMEN...AMEN...PHOENIX SUNS NBA CHAMPIONS 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS[/Ends Preaching]

Archived