New Orleans Saints concept

Dave Ship

I like your style, Beatnik, very fresh. However, I'm not feeling the black helmet. The gold helmet would really set this look off!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Turned out pretty good.

On the away, I think the piping/under-sleeve design might look a little better if it was gold. A gold alternate would be cool too and I think it would work, I liked the gold alternates the saints had that one year.

Untitled-1.png

Turned out pretty good.

On the away, I think the piping/under-sleeve design might look a little better if it was gold. A gold alternate would be cool too and I think it would work, I liked the gold alternates the saints had that one year.

Yeah phayze...that's true.

I'm working on the alternate gold one.

Man, the guys here are really stepping their game up. Great job.

Way better than that influx of carbon copy concepts from n00bs this past month or so. You know, where the user does one concept, then uses the same basis for like 4 different ones but just changes the colors and slaps another logo on there or something and puts another name on it.

Didn't mean to hijack the topic with my little rant, GREAT JOB!

:notworthy:

philliescreamersig2copy.png

Man, the guys here are really stepping their game up. Great job.

Way better than that influx of carbon copy concepts from n00bs this past month or so. You know, where the user does one concept, then uses the same basis for like 4 different ones but just changes the colors and slaps another logo on there or something and puts another name on it.

Didn't mean to hijack the topic with my little rant, GREAT JOB!

:notworthy:

I feel ya, TE. My rant's posted here ad nauseum about New Poster Syndrome.

That aside, this is another really nice beatnik concept. My only gripes are:

1. the side panel... is it shaped to reesemble something that we should recognize? It's kinda amorphous. And I have never been a fan of side panels for football; the stripes look awkward enough most times. What you could do if you wanted to make it tie in to the team and city a little more would be to shape the panel into a crescent for the Crescent City (our thoughts and prayers are with you all... :cry:).

2. For all the people calling for a Saints' gold alt, if you go through PANTONE's work and look at the Saints, they have had a really hard time making all their gold tones match. The helmets, numbering and pants don't quite match. It's almost like the Cowboys and their silver issues.

Gold jerseys would require black (or white) pants at the very least, and would probably require different colored helmets. But I much prefer keeping the gold helmets; the Saints tend to overdo the black a little much in their schemes, and we wind up with the black jerseys and black leotard pants without any stripes.

Overall, I like it, but I think the gold alt might be more trouble than it's worth.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually like these! Far more than I thought I would. I'd vote for the one on the left, with the black accents. And the white pants really make this look sharp. Good work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow...excellent job, Beatnik, especially the jersey with the black trim and piping. Though I'm not feeling the side panels, the rest of the design more than makes up for it. I'm even feeling the socks...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived