Missouri Mules Concept

AAO

This is really nice work, a good start. But, parts of the package aren't meshing with me.

One thing that jumps right out at me is the neck--it looks a bit thick. Maybe taking the part out above that top-most "cut" (I hope that makes sense) would help that.

The M-shoes logo is sweet, though it does have kindof a London Monarchs vibe. Not something I'd worry about, mind you, it's just what popped in my mind.

Not sure I'm feeling the black piping; it kindof screams "this is an AAO design," if you know what I mean. Besides, it looks a little too modern for a team called the "Mules." Same thing with the wordmark font--it's a very modern, edgy font, which doesn't really mesh with the team name, nor really with the curvy style of the logo.

Anyway, I don't mean to be doom and gloom, as I think this is a good start and has potential to be excellent; it's just not quite there yet in my mind.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Thanks for the input. I'll work on it some more. And Mockba, you're not the only one that was reminded of the monarchs by the alt logo...so was greg. Then i realized it did look like the monarchs logo. Unintentional, since i was just going for 2 horseshoes to make an M, not a crown. But as far as the unis go, I beg to differ that its too modern. I think for a team to be called Mules in this era of sports has no choice but to be a bit modern and beefed up, since a Mule isn't exactly the smartest nor toughest animal out there.

I like them. However, on the jerseys, instead of the 5, I would have used a number 7. Hmm, I wonder if anyone knows what I am referring to or if I am just too old... ^_^

LT

When I think of Missouri, black and gold and the number 7, I think of Corby Jones. Is this where you're going?

With regard to the uniforms, I like the pattern and striping schemes. I'm wondering if you might be better off with the "M" on the helmet and the mule on the sleeves. Also, with regard to the mule - he's looking pretty thick at the neck. Something seems just a bit off balance there. I'd also tilt the ears back about 10 degrees to lend a further suggestion of speed.

AAO, only you can take these obsure animals and make them look good enough to be used for a team! :D

Along the lines of the neck being too thick, it almost looks like what you would get if you breaded the Broncos with the Eagles... :P And I mean the detail of the neck, looks similar to the eagles head. But it'a good concept, I like the unis too, good color choices.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I'm not feelin' the booty mule, both literally and figuratively. I didn't like the butt logo thing in basketball and I don't think it translates well to football, either.

I actually prefer the mule on the helmet and I think the M-shoe could work. When I was working on my Blue Mules of Springfield hockey concept I had the idea of two horseshoes interlocking to make an "S", but could never make it look right. I think if you could see the other curve at the bottom of the horseshoe, joining in the middle, it might look less like the Monarchs logo and make more sense. I think it's a good idea and a good alternate logo, but I'm not sure I like it on the helmet or the sleeves. If this were a college team I'd say put it on the left hip.

Great work, AAO!

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Thanks guys. And actually, I think the thickness of the neck is coming from the fact that you would think the mule is looking straight on. but he's supposed to be kind of standing on his hind legs, with his 2 front up in the air, boasting his chest, sort of a beefed up mule, but i have him leaned at an angle where it seems hes going straight on. In my mule, the neck starts right after the cheekbone. Where the white is, that's the body.

I like them.  However, on the jerseys, instead of the 5, I would have used a number 7.  Hmm, I wonder if anyone knows what I am referring to or if I am just too old... ^_^

LT

When I think of Missouri, black and gold and the number 7, I think of Corby Jones. Is this where you're going?

Nope, sorry! Think Grizzly Adams; think Denver Pyle ;)

I'd reverse the side coloring on the white jersey and gold pants. That way you can mix and match pants with both jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

AAO - what a great concept! What I like best is the double mule shoe "M" - the mule itself just doesn't seem right - but that's my eye. The scheme of the mule is right, something about the nose/snout isn't right.

The uniforms are awesome. Some graphic warriors have suggested tweaking it here or there. Their ideas are good, however I really like the whole package.

Great Job!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived