2005 College Combos

pittfan11

Here are some interesting college football uniform combos I would like to see this year. (I'm not sure if some of these even exist)

Utah: red/white or white/red

Boise state: blue/white or blue/orange (they wore orange pants

against Georgia)

Oregon:green/white

Wisconsin: red/red

Tennesee: orange/orange

Missouri: black/white

Boston College: red/red

Va. tech: red/red

Florida: white/white

Louisville: white/white

Add any others if you want to.

mav23.gif

Wisconsin hasn't worn the all-red in a game (I call it the Barry and the Blood Clots look) in the Barry Alvarez era. The last time they did was in a home game against Iowa with the previous UW coach, Don Moron. They lost, of course, but then again they only won six games in three seasons. They do usually wear the all-red look in the Cardinal and White scrimmage for some reason -- the Cardinal wear(s) all-red and the White wear white jerseys and their (too infrequently used) red pants.

I can imagine the all-red being used once a season, say, Homecoming, and that's it. As bad as the all-red might be to some, the all-white is to me, for any team. It should never be used by anybody, unless you like your fat players to look like the Michelin Man.

Packers-2.png

Last time I remember Tenn. wearing all-orange was when they won the NCAA tournament...

Oh, wait. :D

Tennessee last wore orange/orange against Memphis in 1999. After needing a last minute score to beat the lowly Tigers, Fulmer mothballed them indefinitely.

While the combo was worn against Vanderbilt once in 1987, it was more typically used for Homecoming under former coach Johnny Majors.

Last time I remember Tenn. wearing all-orange was when they won the NCAA tournament...

Tennessee last wore orange/orange against Memphis in 1999. After needing a last minute score to beat the lowly Tigers, Fulmer mothballed them indefinitely.

While the combo was worn against Vanderbilt once in 1987, it was more typically used for Homecoming under former coach Johnny Majors.

I stand corrected...I remember it was pretty recently that they wore them (wasn't able remember the year), and I thought it was the end of the year against Vandy. Thanks for the info. I must have been thinking about that '99 game against Memphis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I stand corrected...I remember it was pretty recently that they wore them (wasn't able remember the year), and I thought it was the end of the year against Vandy. Thanks for the info. I must have been thinking about that '99 game against Memphis.

You're both wrong,the last time that the Vols wore all orange prior to '99 was in '88 vs. Alabama,i remember that season vivdly for all the wrong reasons.

You're both wrong,the last time that the Vols wore all orange prior to '99 was in '88 vs. Alabama,i remember that season vivdly for all the wrong reasons.

I never said the only time they wore orange before '99 was in '87, but I do know for a fact (I'm looking at a picture) that they wore them against Vandy in 1987. They also wore all orange for at least four homecoming games during the Majors years (Four were all the years that I could get pictures from).

The last time Tennessee wore white/orange was in 1992 in a loss at South Carolina.

Florida often does wear white on white such as last year's game at Tennessee...

170436.jpg

They also wear blue on blue

pope-112903-lg.jpg

White on blue...

Jabar%20Gaffney%20.jpg

Regular blue on white...

159583.jpg

White on Orange...

030929leak.jpg

And a few years ago they even wore blue on orange which looked like crap!!!

I had a picture of Gerald Riggs Jr. in Orange on Orange for Tennessee but I don't know where I put it. Meanwhile here's an old photo of Reggie White in all orange...

101575.jpeg

I know UW had red on red but I think that was for their spring practice scrimmage.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I had a picture of Gerald Riggs Jr. in Orange on Orange for Tennessee but I don't know where I put it.

I'd sure like to see that because Riggs has only been here since '01 and I know for an absolute fact that we haven't worn all orange (or even orange pants, for that matter) since he's been here. I've been at every home and most every away game during that period (missed 3), so I'd sure like to know where its from.

The only time the orange pants from 99 have made it out of the box was for the last two manager-trainer Thanksgiving flag football games.

I found the Florida Gators wearing the Blue and Orange combo from the 1999 home game against FSU!!!! Unfortunately Florida lost 30-23 that season for their second home loss of the year. :cry:

taylor01.jpg

19%20v%20fsu.jpg

badcall22.jpg

johnson22.jpg

depress22.jpg

Here was the caption under the article:

Orange and Blue

UF ran out onto the field Saturday looking a little different than they have throughout the 1990's.

The Gators suited up in orange pants with blue jerseys for the first time since the 1989 UF-Florida State game.

UF lost that game 24-17, and it was running back Emmitt Smith's last regular season game.

The Gators wore blue pants and blue jerseys last year against the Seminoles.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Florida has worn blue on blue once every year for the past few years. They wore it at home vs. Miami a few years back and once against Georgia too.

CC_6.jpg

spt-ufumscore.jpg

spacer.png

Florida has worn blue on blue once every year for the past few years. They wore it at home vs. Miami a few years back and once against Georgia too.

CC_6.jpg

spt-ufumscore.jpg

Didn't Meyer get rid of the blue pants? I seem to remember him saying that. But, then again, I also could have sworn that Florida wore the blue/orange combo often in the early 90's, but that was clearly not correct.

Archived