Teams that should NEVER change their uniforms

(should WASHington be the color of laundry detergent?)

this is a good example of grasping for straws.

and in the Blackhawks case, it's named after a MAN, not a color.  Note that the Cleveland Browns do use brown, but it's not their primary color, and the team was named after a man, not the color.

last time i saw the browns play their jerseys were brown, not orange. the team's primary colour is the colour of the jersey, not the colour of the helmet. would you say the bucs primary colour is pewter? no, it's red.

so yes, the browns are named after paul brown AND they use brown as the primary colour. the blackhawks should follow suite in terms of chief blackhawk and their jerseys.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually Green Bay original color scheme was gold and navy blue. Green Bay is the name of the city. So how do you figure that should have anything to do with the color scheme? Are Packers supposed to be green?

Don't you think if a city is named Green Bay that it would be only natural for green to be one of it's colors? I mean, come on, you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to know that Green Bay and the color green kind of go together.

tell that to Bowling Green

The Chicago Blackhawks are actually only logoed for Chief Black Hawk.

Fred McLaughlin, the original owner of the club, named them after the 85th Black Hawk Division, of which he was a member. The Indian logo was chosen after someone noticed the similarity in the name. Those damn helicopters aren't even black, so everyone needs to shut up with the "primary color, primary jersey" crap. If that's your best argument for change, go find yourself a Wayback Machine and talk to McLaughlin's wife. She designed it.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

The Chicago Blackhawks are actually only logoed for Chief Black Hawk.

Fred McLaughlin, the original owner of the club, named them after the 85th Black Hawk Division, of which he was a member. The Indian logo was chosen after someone noticed the similarity in the name. Those damn helicopters aren't even black, so everyone needs to shut up with the "primary color, primary jersey" crap. If that's your best argument for change, go find yourself a Wayback Machine and talk to McLaughlin's wife. She designed it.

I've never heard that. I've always heard that they are named the Blackhawks because the original team owner had a resturant named The Blackhawk that he wanted to promote. I even remember that being a triva question at a Devils game one time.

so everyone needs to shut up with the "primary color, primary jersey" crap. If that's your best argument for change, go find yourself a Wayback Machine and talk to McLaughlin's wife. She designed it.

no, that's ONE argument for change. the other is that the red jersey isn't consistant at all with the white jersey. the black one is consistant though.

Archived