Phoenix Cactus Wrens

gordie_delini

Please simplify the wren - this could be such an awesome design if you do! I know it is simpler than your photo, but now you need to go further. For example, the red feather splotches on the head and top of the back - combine them into one continuous red area. The same for the black on the lower neck - make it one continous filled area. The black hints of feathers on the back and belly - just delete them. Smooth all the outlines into simple arcs. I count five bumps in the outline between the legs and the tail. Simplify them into one arc. The strategy is to simplify into basic flowing shapes like you did for that football - its gorgeous.

LT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok guys i HAVE simplified the bird a bit - here it is

Phoenix-Cactus-Wrens3.gif

I cant sya I'm too keen on the CWRFC. maybe drop the CW. I know traditional crests dont have these, but what if you put a wordmark of "Cactus Wrens" stretching across the crest and going outside of the shield, kind of likw what the Orioles primary logo does....you know what I mean?

subtle change, but the rear talon is dropped behind the ball

Phoenix-Cactus-Wrens5.gif

Love what you're doing Gordie, I can't wait to see the final product. :D

final product is waiting for your approval - if you say that's the one, then that's the one - it's all up to you, my friend!

Looks like we have a winner. Thanks Gordie. Can't wait to see my uni's :D

I love the kits Gordie, especially how the Swift Logo Stands out. Thank you very much, I love them, i'm going to send you and PM about my baseball team that will be renamed the Glendale Cactus Wrens, so just be prepared you get it!

I love the kits Gordie, especially how the Swift Logo Stands out. Thank you very much, I love them, i'm going to send you and PM about my baseball team that will be renamed the Glendale Cactus Wrens, so just be prepared you get it!

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

philly.png

I love the kits Gordie, especially how the Swift Logo Stands out.  Thank you very much, I love them, i'm going to send you and PM about my baseball team that will be renamed the Glendale Cactus Wrens, so just be prepared you get it!

Glendale Cactus Wrens were originally my team, but due to lack of logo I had to bounce around from team to team, but since I have a pretty good area I want with the old logo with the CW in the background, I now have an identity that I want to keep for the many years in the future.

I love the kits Gordie, especially how the Swift Logo Stands out.  Thank you very much, I love them, i'm going to send you and PM about my baseball team that will be renamed the Glendale Cactus Wrens, so just be prepared you get it!

Glendale Cactus Wrens were originally my team, but due to lack of logo I had to bounce around from team to team, but since I have a pretty good area I want with the old logo with the CW in the background, I now have an identity that I want to keep for the many years in the future.

I know, Gary, I just love givin' you crap. No worries. :D

philly.png

here are the kits, manufactured by Nike, sponsor is Swift Transportation

Phoenix-Cactus-Wrens-kits-0.gif

Damn Gordie, you are going to make this league look good!

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Archived