Phoenix Cactus Wrens

gordie_delini

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give C&C on anything that isn't spelled right.

Sorry.

Actually the detail of the bird just doesnt fit with the simplicity of the shield. The bird needs to be simplified big time and the cw gotten rid of.

Sorry.

Actually the detail of the bird just doesnt fit with the simplicity of the shield. The bird needs to be simplified big time and the cw gotten rid of.

what isn't spelled right? and the bird is already way simplified from the photo i worked with - maybe i'll try sprucing up the shield

OD_Signature.jpg

Sorry.

what isn't spelled right? and the bird is already way simplified from the photo i worked with - maybe i'll try sprucing up the shield

I'm sure that when you take a gander at your goose you will find the misspelling.

Wow...Mingsy refilled the ass-hole fuel tank today...

Its called a joke.

Learn to comprehend the written word.

I know it's a joke...mine's called *sarcasm*

You can look that one up too... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Its called a joke.

Lol, damn good comeback there. I like it.

I just said that cause a lot of the newer people around here try to challenge me based on the whole :censored: thing. Its fun, but gets old quick. Kinda like a girl that talks too much, but has the same energy in bed.

Its called a joke.

Lol, damn good comeback there. I like it.

I just said that cause a lot of the newer people around here try to challenge me based on the whole :censored: thing. Its fun, but gets old quick. Kinda like a girl that talks too much, but has the same energy in bed.

I'm new, but obsevant...if people think you're an ass, let them, they're probably an ass, too. Just keep making those great designs!

Anyway regarding the concept, I totally agree with Mr. Mings. Gordie, I love your work, and this is good, but it's just not catching me like the others. Maybe the name doesn't give you much to work with, but that bird and the grass look totally out of place, look great, but just don't fit.

The shield and wordmark are stellar as usual, but overall, it doesn't grab me like most of your other stuff, especially your other RLI logos.

The CW would make a nice secondary, but it would be cool if you spelled out the name of the team on the primary.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Please guys, no fighting - can't we all get along? RODNEY KING!!! oh...sorry.....

as to the CONCEPT -

lilg asked me for a cactus wren on a shield - i like the shield, and i like the wren, but i'm just not sure how to better blend them. any ideas? i think over-simplifying the bird would not be good, but i'm at a loss - i'm just not sure what to do with it

OD_Signature.jpg

I'm nowhere near as skilled as either of you guys, but I was thinking you could kinda give it a Baltimore Orioles treatment.

banner-orioles.jpg

The bird extends beyond the diamond and is much more detailed. This way you can include the team name on the shield as well. Other than that, I got nothing. :D

I dig the Wren, too. It's tight. But, for some reason, it doesn't seem to fit. The grass seems out of place, put there just for a place for the bird to perch. Does he need to be perching on something, or could his feet be flat - like he's standing on the ground?

I think the wren is your strongest element here. Work the shield to fit the wren, not vice versa.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

I think oversimplifying the bird WOULD be good. :P So there! Draw one out on paper to look like a logo instead of a clipart. What about a Black cactus silhouette in the shield?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think you've all got it wrong--the bird is fine, I think the rest of it needs to be changed to match it. Maybe some more detail on the cactus silhouette, a slightly different shield shape, etc. And a different font, for some reason that font just seems too modern to fit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived