Flames 25th Logo, & 03/04 Banner

SteveToms

Banner being raised against Dallas. As you can see there is a flame missing on the logo.

BANNER1.jpg

Picture from the second game against Edmonton, the logo was fixed by then.

BANNERS.jpg

As for the banner design, I think they should have put a white logo on it to be consistant with the other banners. Also, I'm not sure why it is bigger than the other banners, a conference championship is not that great of an achievement, and I don't think it should be bigger than the cup banner. :mad:

Also, I'm not sure why it is bigger than the other banners, a conference championship is not that great of an achievement, and I don't think it should be bigger than the cup banner. :mad:

Is it bigger or does it just appear that way because it was closer to the photographer than the others were???

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Also, I'm not sure why it is bigger than the other banners, a conference championship is not that great of an achievement, and I don't think it should be bigger than the cup banner. :mad:

Is it bigger or does it just appear that way because it was closer to the photographer than the others were???

No, it's bigger, my seats are on the other side of the dome and you can tell that it's larger than the other banners.

I like that they used the black "C," because I think it looks better and that's their primary mark now anyway. I agree the banner shouldn't be bigger than the Stanley Cup one, though. Maybe they'll change it after this year.

Looks like the same size to me. Just closer to the lens, and the wide angle lens will exaggerate the size of the closer objects. Or is that minimize the size of the more distant objects? :blink:

Lesson in perspective over,

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I sit on the side of the Saddledome where the banner hangs and I thought it was the same size as the others. Next time I will check it out and compare it to the others using the catwalk bracing as a reference point.

Archived