New University of Utah basketball court.

Sean84106

Personally I think every state school (University of ...) should be required to have the state outline at midcourt. Except for Colorado and Wyoming.

One's I can think off the top of my head that have done it:

Alabama

North Carolina

Indiana

Texas

Oklahoma

Kansas

Tennessee

Hawaii

Personally I think every state school (University of ...) should be required to have the state outline at midcourt. Except for Colorado and Wyoming.

Alabama

North Carolina

Indiana

Texas

Oklahoma

Kansas

Tennessee

Hawaii

+ i remember Florida doing this during the Norm Sloan? era during the 80's IIRC.Also i think Illinois did the same during period as well.

P.S you forgot about Missouri :D .

Alabama

North Carolina

Indiana

Texas

Oklahoma

Kansas

Tennessee

Hawaii

Unless Oklahoma changed I thought they had a huge OU at center court and Alabama had the logo with the elephant.

Alabama

North Carolina

Indiana

Texas

Oklahoma

Kansas

Tennessee

Hawaii

I remember Mississippi State doing it when the Humphrey Coliseum opened in 1975 and was kept until 1985 when the Tartan surface was resurfaced, and Delta State had a map of Mississippi on its court when I went to school, except the state map was in the entire center circle. Also, in the mid 1980's, Alabama did it also, and in the mid 1990's, Ole Miss did it as well.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

This would make a great design idea.

How would you do a court with a state or provincial map in the center (centre) court.

BTW, Tennessee should go back to the state map on the floor instead of the block "TENNESSEE" that they currently have.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Alabama

North Carolina

Indiana

Texas

Oklahoma

Kansas

Tennessee

Hawaii

I remember Mississippi State doing it when the Humphrey Coliseum opened in 1975 and was kept until 1985 when the Tartan surface was resurfaced, and Delta State had a map of Mississippi on its court when I went to school, except the state map was in the entire center circle. Also, in the mid 1980's, Alabama did it also.

when did alabama do it? i can't remember that...I do remember when they had plaid on the mid-court circle (for wimp sanderson and his loud plaid jackets) I remember being 10 years old walking around with my dad in the Alabama Football Building and there was a room that had all these blueprints and court drawings that had this design on it- and then that year they put it on the floor - so I saw it before everyone else- it was cool :D

I think the state of New York would look good on a court, but there's no U. of New York or NY State.

The same goes for New Jersey, but I suppose Rutgers could use it.

Michigan and Utah would look pretty bad.

I'm surprised none of the California schools has ever tried this.

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

I think the state of New York would look good on a court, but there's no U. of New York or NY State.

The same goes for New Jersey, but I suppose Rutgers could use it.

Michigan and Utah would look pretty bad.

I'm surprised none of the California schools has ever tried this.

Michigan State currently uses the state outline on their court -- seen here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/316880...316902424MnATYA

Archived