Two Down, One to Go

Jigga

You're the biggest (or at least most vocal) USC fan up here so I'm sure you saw the ENTIRE Trojans/Fighting Irish game. NOTRE DAME OUTPLAYED USC FOR MOST OF THE DAMN GAME.

I saw the game, and I do believe USC won, which is all that matters in College Football. Well, it was but I guess close Notre Dame losses matter now too. If Notre Dame was that really good, they would have stopped USC on the final drive, and they failed, big time.

As for me being the biggest USC fan on the board ... That, I am not. Believe it or not, Colorado and Texas (yes, the #2 team in the land) are my teams (born in CO and roots in TX), I simply give Southern Cal the respect they deserve as the current #1 team, the defending National Champions, the greatest team of my lifetime, and soon to be greatest team of all-time after their three-peat in the Rose Bowl.

6uXNWAo.png

You just know Notre Dame is going to sneak into this thing (BCS) somehow, though they're probably a year away from deserving it. Although I think a team with it's own personal television contract should get an automatic BCS point deduction on principle alone.

Alabama clearly misses Prothro and it would be a real shock to hear serious Rose Bowl talk about them.

Texas fans have heard it rightfully year after year....we got out-coached....we can't win big games...Mack Brown is an idiot....etcetera and so forth.

This year I think this team is a flat-out machine. Much respect to USC, but I don't see this UT team rolling over for anybody. It's a push in my eyes.

To the SC fans who have already cleared a space on the mantle for MNC #3....you have clearly not watched a Longhorn game. Texas is balanced, well coached, focused...and for once unafraid.

May the best team win, it should be an epic game.

Such an unbiased report from someone in AUSTIN!

If you're going to be a homer, at least have the guts to own up to it.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

the old adage has always held true- "Defense wins championships"

Alabama has the #3 D in the country and the #1 Scoring D...Points will be tough to come by against Bama. The only problem is scoring enough points on offense and keeping the D off of the field.

I hope Bama can win out, it will be tough if the offense can't get things going. but I would like the Tide's chances against a "big time" offense like Texas or USC...everyone will laugh at that, but I am old enough to remember 1992. NO ONE gave Alabama a chance against Gino Toretta and the Mighty Canes, and all Bama did that night was paint the Super Dome Crimson and take down the juggernaut Canes 34-13..that team is very much like this team- A Great D and Just enough offense to win ball games....but either way I am proud of the way this year's team has played and hope it can continue next week against LSU.

And know this Bama fans will NOT whine and cry like the Aubies did last year (and continue to do) if we win out and are left out of the title game. In my opinion an SEC title and bowl victory is much more prestigious than a "BCS mythical popularity contest title" and most sensible Alabama fans also can understand that. RTR

I saw the game, and I do believe USC won, which is all that matters in College Football. Well, it was but I guess close Notre Dame losses matter now too. If Notre Dame was that really good, they would have stopped USC on the final drive, and they failed, big time.

If USC was the 'best team ever', they wouldn't have been in that situation. You got bailed out by the refs -- that's no reason to discount Notre Dame.

As for now, keep justifying the way you jumped onto that USC bandwagon.

IUe6Hvh.png

I saw the game, and I do believe USC won, which is all that matters in College Football.  Well, it was but I guess close Notre Dame losses matter now too.  If Notre Dame was that really good, they would have stopped USC on the final drive, and they failed, big time.

If USC was the 'best team ever', they wouldn't have been in that situation. You got bailed out by the refs -- that's no reason to discount Notre Dame.

As for now, keep justifying the way you jumped onto that USC bandwagon.

A :censored:ty Irish secondary helped bail out the Trojans, as well as their goal line D. But you also gotta give SoCal credit for having the balls for going for the win with 7 seconds to go with a 28 game winning streak on the line when they could easily have tied it. Don't put this on the refs because if the ball is back on the 3 or whatever, USC still had at least one chance to score and win the game.

Notre Dame dropped the ball and SoCal cashed in. That's that simple.

6uXNWAo.png

It was Leinart that made the call, I believe it was actually supposed to be a spike. I'll give him credit for making the call, but if he doesn't get pushed, he doesn't get in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but had the penalty been called, wouldn't there have been a clock run off... and the game over?

IUe6Hvh.png

Why would Leinart spike the ball when the clock was stopped because of a fumble out of bounds???? There was never going to be a spike.

From what I've heard, the USC offense all decided they wanted to go for the win, made Carroll aware of their opinion, and got the "OK" to go for the win.

6uXNWAo.png

Why would Leinart spike the ball when the clock was stopped because of a fumble out of bounds????  There was never going to be a spike.

From what I've heard, the USC offense all decided they wanted to go for the win,  made Carroll aware of their opinion, and got the "OK" to go for the win.

The clock started once the ball was set and the whistle was blown by the officials.

Why would he fake spike it if the clock was stopped?

The called play, from what I've read, was a spike. Before snapping the ball, Leinart turned to Bush and asked if he should sneak it, or spike it. Bush said to go for it. The decision was all on Matt Leinart.

IUe6Hvh.png

Why would Leinart spike the ball when the clock was stopped because of a fumble out of bounds????  There was never going to be a spike.

From what I've heard, the USC offense all decided they wanted to go for the win,  made Carroll aware of their opinion, and got the "OK" to go for the win.

The clock started once the ball was set and the whistle was blown by the officials.

Why would he fake spike it if the clock was stopped?

The called play, from what I've read, was a spike. Before snapping the ball, Leinart turned to Bush and asked if he should sneak it, or spike it. Bush said to go for it. The decision was all on Matt Leinart.

Ummmm, no. If you recall, the clock did wind all the way down to :00, but the refs set seven seconds back on the clock because the ball went out of bounds as they did single for a stoppage, but somebody at ND Stadium doesnt know how to hit "Stop". USC just acted like they were going to spike to mess with their heads because Notre Dame was already reeling and confused. They players made the call to go for it, that coming from the head coach himself and it worked. USC won. End of story.

Why are we still going on about this game anyways?? It happened like two or three weeks ago.

6uXNWAo.png

Because we're talking about how good Notre Dame is, and how they could've, and should've, beaten USC.

And you're misunderstanding what I'm saying about the clock.

The clock stopped, but would continue to run after the referee blew his whistle. Kinda like after a first down when they move the chains.

Like I said.. why would they do a fake spike, otherwise?

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived