Panthers new jerseys

etown

Saw these in a retail store today, and from what I could tell, they have done very little in changes.

Don't quote me on this, but the red and blue jerseys seemed to have switched, with the reds now being the third jersey, and the blues being the new home jersey.  The blue jersey also has changed it's logo, and no longer has the Panther breaking the stick, but just the normal Panther logo.

Also, the strping paterns and colors have changed on both of these jerseys.

That's about what I can remember.  Relatively speaking, these are very minor changes.  Wouldn't even be noticed by the untrained eye.

That's about what I can remember.  Relatively speaking, these are very minor changes.  Wouldn't even be noticed by the untrained eye.

Which means we'll notice it a lot here   :D   Thanks for the info about the striping, now we have something else to look for.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Do you mean to tell me that the Panthers blue jersey, which was unchallenged for being the laziest jersey ever made in the NHL, got more lazy by getting the exact same logo in it as the white jersey?

Or do you mean to tell me that they actually put some effort into fixing it up by putting in some different stripes?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Do you mean to tell me that the Panthers blue jersey, which was unchallenged for being the laziest jersey ever made in the NHL, got more lazy by getting the exact same logo in it as the white jersey?

I thought the Sharks' third jersey was the laziest jersey made!

*Walks slowly away*

I saw, I came, I left.

The Sharks black jersey may be bland, but it is original and doesn't resemble any other jersey in cut or color. The Panthers blue jersey is just the white one with the main parts blue instead. They didn't even put white stripes above the top yellow stripe on the cuff to make some symettry, for crying out loud.

People have made the arguement that the Blackhawks alternate is the laziest, but at least they recolored all their stripes.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Sharks black jersey may be bland, but it is original and doesn't resemble any other jersey in cut or color. The Panthers blue jersey is just the white one with the main parts blue instead. They didn't even put white stripes above the top yellow stripe on the cuff to make some symettry, for crying out loud.

People have made the arguement that the Blackhawks alternate is the laziest, but at least they recolored all their stripes.

Bland? BLAND? I've seen beer league jerseys with more creativity.  And those are just ones with recolored Anaheim jerseys.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Sharks' thirds are lame.

And, the breaking stick added to the Panther logo is horribly out-of-place.  I hope it's just plain gone.  Then again, I could do without the blue jerseys, too; the reds are nice, and the blues are just uncreative changes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Sharks challenge Ottawa for the nices thirds in the league.

I agree with you on the Ottawa point, but I am in the lame jersey camp. Yes it's clean, but how can it not be clean looking? There's hardly anything to it! Now I guess a case could be made that simplicity is beautiful, but I think it's a tough sell.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

yeah the sharks black jersey is uncreative but damn if it doesn't look cool when the whole team wears them. they wear the black shorts too...are they the only team who has ever worn all black?? the lightning/stars/blackhawks are the only ones that i can think of who come close.

so are the logos on the panthers jerseys different then?

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

The Kings likely did in their silver/black days, and also now. Dallas did in their first set of jerseys in Dallas.  Buffalo does now as well, as does Philly, Tampa, and Chicago in their alternates.  Actually, pretty much any team with a black jersey usually wears black pants.

POTD 2013-08-22

The only difference between last year's and this year's Panthers jerseys are that the 'stick-breaking' Panther is on the red jersey, and the regular Panther is on the blue jersey. The red is now the alternate, while the blue is the 'home' jersey.

Ugh.  Lame.  Just like Philly shouldn't have changed to the black, the Panthers shouldn't pull this change either.  Bah.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived