Bowlology

buzzcut

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so now that Alabama lost, I guess that makes two of Ohio State, Oregon, and Virginia Tech the at-larges?

And to think, if TCU were unbeaten, we'd be talking them and one of those three making it (I think they'd take TCU).

You forgot Notre Dame...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

New Bowlology projections as of 11-21:

BCS Games

Rose: Southern California vs. Texas

Orange: Virginia Tech vs. Penn State

Sugar: Louisiana State vs. West Virginia

Fiesta: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State

Non-BCS Games

Capital One: Michigan vs. Auburn

Gator: Miami(FL) vs. Louisville

Cotton: Texas Tech vs. Georgia

Outback: Wisconsin vs. Alabama

Houston: Nebraska vs. Texas Christian*

Liberty: Central Florida vs. Fresno State

Meineke Car Care: Clemson vs. South Florida

Peach: Florida State vs. South Carolina

Independence: Iowa State vs. Florida

Sun: Minnesota vs. UCLA

Music City: Northwestern vs. Virginia

Holiday: Oregon vs. Colorado

Emerald: Utah vs. Louisiana Tech**

Alamo: Iowa vs. Oklahoma

MPC Computers: Boise State vs. Boston College

Insight: Rutgers vs. California

Champs Sports: Georgia Tech vs. Missouri

Motor City: Bowling Green vs. Maryland-NC State winner***

Hawaii: Nevada vs. Tulsa

Fort Worth: Southern Mississippi vs. New Mexico****

Poinsettia: Colorado State vs. Navy

Las Vegas: Brigham Young vs. Toledo**

GMAC: Northern Illinois vs. UTEP

New Orleans: Louisiana-Monroe vs. Memphis

*-replaces SEC team

**-replaces Pac-10 team

***-replaces Big Ten team

****-replaces Big 12 team

Team indicated in Bold has accepted bid.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

New Bowlology projections as of 11-21:

BCS Games

Rose: Southern California vs. Texas

Orange: Virginia Tech vs. Penn State

Sugar: Louisiana State vs. West Virginia

Fiesta: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State

We agree, but I'd switch Ohio St. and Penn St.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Georgia's going to be the SEC Champ, friends.  'Bama's going down to both LSU and Auburn and won't sniff the BCS.  Oregon deserves some at-large love, but Notre Dame moves the needle and should be an at-large if they win out.

The Big East better hope West Virginia wins out, because if not, their conference may be out at the end of the contract.

You show no love to the Tide..and for that, I hate you.

BTW, CZzyzx41: They have 150 fans? Did they expand their fan base or something?

One down, one to go...yeah, Alabama.

Hopefully Georgia lays an egg at Kentucky and South Carolina can sneak into the SEC Championship game. That would be great!

Two down...

Nope, no love to the Tide at all...way to step up in the big games...Roll Tide!!

Sorry, I had to fix your typo.

Most teams would struggle when you lose a stud WR and the starting center.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Updated the projection as Navy has accepted bid to Poinsetta Bowl on 12-22.

And updated again today with the Mountain West having finalized their bowls, including TCU accepting bid to the Houston Bowl in absence of an available SEC team. Also, Fresno State says yes to Liberty Bowl invite. The Bulldogs will play the Conference USA champion New Year's Eve.

MofnV2z.png

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Projection change again, this time being the ACC replacing the SEC in the Music City Bowl(due of course to the SEC having 6 bowl-eligible teams). Virginia has moved accordingly to the Music City Bowl, Florida gets demoted to the Independence Bowl and Louisiana Tech is now slotted into the Pac-10's projected slot at the Emerald Bowl.

MofnV2z.png

Iowa beats Wisconsin

MSU beats PSU

Michigan beats OSU

Michigan to Fiesta. :D

If one of the first 2 doesn't play out (because we KNOW the third will!), Michigan will be in Orlando or Tampa. If we were to lose to OSU, we're going to San Antonio. We won't be in the Sun Bowl.

Would you like to re-write that after knowing what happened Saturday? :P:D

cmpunksigcopy.gif

Georgia's going to be the SEC Champ, friends.  'Bama's going down to both LSU and Auburn and won't sniff the BCS.  Oregon deserves some at-large love, but Notre Dame moves the needle and should be an at-large if they win out.

The Big East better hope West Virginia wins out, because if not, their conference may be out at the end of the contract.

Hopefully Georgia lays an egg at Kentucky and South Carolina can sneak into the SEC Championship game. That would be great!

Two down...

Nope, no love to the Tide at all...way to step up in the big games...Roll Tide!!

I don't give a fluff who they lost. That wasn't the point. The point was they lost the games I though they would lose. Fold Tide!!!

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looks like Notre Dame's not getting a BCS bid after all, they look AWFUL against Stanford.  I mean, this is a Stanford team that couldn't even beat UC-Davis.  Oregon would be a much better choice.

If ND wins, they're in. I dislike it as much as you do, I don't think ND deserves it, but it's all about the money, man. I think Oregon deserves a BCS at-large bid. They've lost once...yes they were blown out, but they lost once! All the other high major 1 one-loss teams will be BCS bowling...give the Ducks their due.

Two down...

I don't give a fluff who they lost. That wasn't the point. The point was they lost the games I though they would lose. Fold Tide!!!

Well you have to forgive Greg..it's not like he can root for his teams, so he has to rip on others.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

WEll, now it's official - after a piss-poor performance at Stanford, I expect ND to drop in the polls far enough to keep them out of the BCS. How do you play this bad to a team that can't even beat UC-Davis?

In any case, I can give a pass to Ohio State because they play a tough conference schedule, which Notre Dame doesn't. Oregon's got one loss, ND has two, so they're in too.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well you have to forgive Greg..it's not like he can root for his teams, so he has to rip on others.

It's not that I need to rip on other teams, I just pick on 'Bama because I hate you...:P

If you were talking about baseball, then you'd be right...

WEll, now it's official - after a piss-poor performance at Stanford, I expect ND to drop in the polls far enough to keep them out of the BCS. How do you play this bad to a team that can't even beat UC-Davis?

In any case, I can give a pass to Ohio State because they play a tough conference schedule, which Notre Dame doesn't. Oregon's got one loss, ND has two, so they're in too.

... USC almost lost to Stanford last year -- I don't believe that had any affect on their ranking.

On that note, USC should've lost to a non-BCS worthy Notre Dame team, that should take them out of the 1 spot, eh?

You're just waiting for any excuse to drop Notre Dame -- that's pretty obvious.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived