Champs Sports: Boston College vs. Iowa State

Motor City: Akron vs. Louisiana Tech***

Hawaii: Nevada vs. Central Florida

Fort Worth: Kansas vs. Houston

Poinsettia: Colorado State vs. Navy

Las Vegas: Brigham Young vs. California

GMAC: Toledo vs. UTEP

New Orleans: Arkansas State vs. Memphis

Note: Should Connecticut beat Louisville, the Huskies will go to the Motor City Bowl.

*-replaces SEC team

**-replaces Pac-10 team

***-replaces Big Ten team

These projections will be updated throughout the week.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you have to forgive Greg..it's not like he can root for his teams, so he has to rip on others.

It's not that I need to rip on other teams, I just pick on 'Bama because I hate you...:P

If you were talking about baseball, then you'd be right...

You racist.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Here are the Big Ten standings:

Penn State 7-1 10-1

Ohio State 7-1 9-2

Wisconsin 5-3 9-3

Michigan 5-3 7-4

Northwestern 5-3 7-4

Iowa 5-3 7-4

Minnesota 4-4 7-4

Purdue 3-5 5-6

Michigan St. 2-6 5-6

Indiana 1-7 4-7

Illinois 0-8 2-9

It would appear here that, yes, Wisconsin is going to the Capital One Bowl. Plus, the Michigan Web site says the Wolverines will play Florida in the Outback.

Well you have to forgive Greg..it's not like he can root for his teams, so he has to rip on others.

It's not that I need to rip on other teams, I just pick on 'Bama because I hate you...:P

You racist.

Do you have to try hard to be that stupid or does it just come naturally?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

WEll, now it's official - after a piss-poor performance at Stanford, I expect ND to drop in the polls far enough to keep them out of the BCS.  How do you play this bad to a team that can't even beat UC-Davis?

In any case, I can give a pass to Ohio State because they play a tough conference schedule, which Notre Dame doesn't.  Oregon's got one loss, ND has two, so they're in too.

... USC almost lost to Stanford last year -- I don't believe that had any affect on their ranking.

On that note, USC should've lost to a non-BCS worthy Notre Dame team, that should take them out of the 1 spot, eh?

You're just waiting for any excuse to drop Notre Dame -- that's pretty obvious.

More like pointing out that Notre Dame is not necessarily as good as their record. Any semi-decent team can go 9-2 against a schedule in which they played only 4 teams with winning records. They're just ranked as high as they are because the media likes to see Notre Dame do well (and in fact, both polls dropped the Irish a spot behind OSU this week).

A good one-loss team like Oregon who did so against five teams that had winning records (USC, Cal, Arizona State, Houston, and Fresno State) and an Ohio State team that played 6 teams with 7 wins this year should both get bowl bids ahead of the Irish, in light of their week schedule.

LvZYtbZ.png

Update: ESPN reports that the Gator Bowl will invite Louisville to play ACC#2 in Jacksonville on January 2nd.

MofnV2z.png

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Bowlology updated to reflect Toledo's acceptance of invite to the GMAC Bowl in Moblie.

MofnV2z.png

Update(3rd one today): Rutgers has accepted invite to the Insight Bowl in Phoenix. The Scarlet Knights will play Arizona State of the Pac-10.

MofnV2z.png

Update 4: Boise State says yes to invite to MPC Computers Bowl in...BOISE. (What a shock!)

MofnV2z.png

Update(3rd one today): Rutgers has accepted invite to the Insight Bowl in Phoenix. The Scarlet Knights will play Arizona State of the Pac-10.

Much praise for Rutgers !! First bowl since 1978, and that was the now-defunct Garden State Bowl (ironically against Arizona State). If a New Jersey team couldn't get invited to the Garden State Bowl, they'd have had to shut down the program. Instead, they killed off the bowl - East Rutherford wasn't all that coveted a hot spot for the holiday bowl season... :rolleyes:

I'm just happy to see Jersey have decent college football again. It sucked growing up having no one to root for. And don't give me that crap about Jersey being Penn State country - PSU was a good 3+ hours from where I lived, and I couldn't have cared one way or the other about the Nittany Lions. All they did was annually pillage our high schools for our best talent.

Go Rutgers!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Much praise for Rutgers !! First bowl since 1978, and that was the now-defunct Garden State Bowl (ironically against Arizona State). If a New Jersey team couldn't get invited to the Garden State Bowl, they'd have had to shut down the program. Instead, they killed off the bowl - East Rutherford wasn't all that coveted a hot spot for the holiday bowl season... :rolleyes:

I'm just happy to see Jersey have decent college football again. It sucked growing up having no one to root for. And don't give me that crap about Jersey being Penn State country - PSU was a good 3+ hours from where I lived, and I couldn't have cared one way or the other about the Nittany Lions. All they did was annually pillage our high schools for our best talent.

Go Rutgers!

I'm glad to see a Jersey team in a bowl. I think part of the lack of success of of Jersey schools has to do with most people in NJ (I.E. alumni) don't really care about college sports. It's a pro sports dominated area. Northern NJ has the NEw York area team which gives them a choice of 8 teams to root for (The Islanders play on Long Island which is over an hour drive from Jersey so I'm not counting them). Southern New Jersey has the Philly teams to root. With the amount of pro sports teams college sports gets pushed out. Why go see a bunch of college kids play when you can go see the Jets and Giants? That's the attitude most people have therefore the money doesn't get put into the programs and the best players go elsewhere.

NJ puts out a lot of talent it just spreads out all over the place. And again I think this has to do with the attiute the area has toward college sports. The top athletes don't care about going elsewhere it's different than say Nebraska where kids dream about playing for Nebraska. And it's not just NJ it's the entire northeast.

How about an all-Big Ten Rose Bowl? Penn State-Ohio State for all the marbles! Could happen if:

-USC loses to UCLA.

-Texas loses to Colorado.

-LSU loses to Georgia.

-Virginia Tech loses to FSU.

Also, if one of the latter two (LSU or Va. Tech) lose, Ohio St. and Oregon would both make it into the top 6 of the BCS Standings, and (correct me if I'm wrong) automatically get to go to a BCS bowl game. (Or does that rule only apply to non-BCS schools?)

You racist.

Do you have to try hard to be that stupid or does it just come naturally?

I could ask you the same thing.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Congratulations to the Akron Zips for pulling out a wild last-second win over Northern Illinois in the Mac title game. The reward is a return trip to Ford Field for the Motor City Bowl.

MofnV2z.png

Nice to see someone still thinks UConn's still got a shot at a bowl bid...

Seeing they have to beat Louisville, I don't see it happening...

If they do, well, maybe it'll be a repeat of last season (go to Motown and step on the MAC champ :lol: ....but I don't see that happening this time around, mostly b/c Akron's a slight bit better than Toledo was last year..that and the Huskies don't have that Orlovsky guy (seeing he kinda stayed behind at Ford Field and all :lol: )

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

How about an all-Big Ten Rose Bowl? Penn State-Ohio State for all the marbles! Could happen if:

-USC loses to UCLA.

-Texas loses to Colorado.

-LSU loses to Georgia.

-Virginia Tech loses to FSU.

Also, if one of the latter two (LSU or Va. Tech) lose, Ohio St. and Oregon would both make it into the top 6 of the BCS Standings, and (correct me if I'm wrong) automatically get to go to a BCS bowl game. (Or does that rule only apply to non-BCS schools?)

BCS can be a mess, for sure.

We do know that the CHAMPION of each of the six major conferences (Pac10, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC, and Big [joke] East) get automatic slots into a BCS game, leaving only two other slots... when the highly ranked teams get beat and don't even win their championship, that's a mess (Oklahoma in 2003 being the best example).

It would be weird to see how the "what if" losses you posted would affect the BCS standings.

It is what it is.

Archived