sac Kings show little class

FiddySicks

I've been to Detroit many times and live in Sachole err Sacramento. Outside of Downtown, the New Center and Grand Circus Park area the city is in very bad shape. Sacramento has it's problems too just like every other city, but Sacramento doesn't have the widespread blight that Detroit has. It's sad because Detroit was one of the centers of industry in the US and is still a proud city. Should the Kings have done what they did though, no not at all. Again before Sacramento tries to talk smack they should win some games first...I think the Hornets have a better record than the Kings.

But as far as Sacramento goes, that is pretty classless. Someone on Around the Horn said they should be fined more than Dallas was a few years back for going after Doug Christie.

Lemme guess, Plaschke? What did Dallas do, btw

Like Detroit is the only blighted city on the NBA circuit. You could do it when the Jazz come to town if you look in the right places. Sad what passes for insulting these days.

Actually, I think it was Woody Page. I don't know what the Mavs did, I don't pay much attention to basketball since the man in my sig retired. Basketball doesn't exist without the Thunder, in my opinion.

I find that funny.....

...are you sure it wasn't images of Camden, NJ?

Nah nobody has survived taking pictures of Camden yet.

I'm heading in to Camden tomorrow for work, boys. Camera will be poised and at the ready. This is a challenge I can win, Tank.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I find that funny.....

...are you sure it wasn't images of Camden, NJ?

Nah nobody has survived taking pictures of Camden yet.

I'm heading in to Camden tomorrow for work, boys. Camera will be poised and at the ready. This is a challenge I can win, Tank.

I actually went on a photographic mission that required stopping in Camden to get shots of the BF Bridge and the skyline from Penns Landing. I was in a little area kind of behind Campbell's field (not in a very visible area) taking pictures, and witnessed several "deals" going down. This was the middle of the day, though, so I felt a little safe, but not much.

Here's what I got (sorry if this is considered a thread jack):

penns_landing.jpg

bf_bridge.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I live a half-hour away from the big D.

First- the airport is easy to get around in as long as you fly Northwest Airlines. Otherwise, bad news.

Second- The city is in really bad shape. In a recent Detroit Free Press Poll, 33% of Detroiters would rather live in the 'burbs if they could afford it. Also, the population is now under a million in the city itself. Hopefully the strategy for rebuilding works, otherwise it will be more of a disaster.

I think the Kings' biggest punishment will be wearing those gold unies.... :P

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived