Boston finally wearing Alts

sigepraider

Odd. I showed the picture to my brother and the first thing he said was they look like bad college basketball uniforms, "like Manhattan or something". Not to cast aspersions on Manhattan, although they are a thorn in the side of Niagara reaching the tourney every year...

Niagra huh? I thought you guys were going to get your second win in a row against us last night, but the Johnnies came through in the 2nd half.

Upgrade.  About time the Celtics arrived in the 21st century.

No, silly. Adding pointless black trim is soooo '90s. To get in the 21st Century, the uniforms need a single orange sleeve.

Good one. One of you photoshop devotees needs to insert an orange sleeve on the Celtics' alts.

They're ok. I would have liked them better with white numbers and black outlines. If they are going to upgrade and use black, why didn't they make a set like Duke does with white, blue, and black. Having two greens seem unneccary and I hate it when people think it's an absolute sin to touch a uniform just because it hasn't been upgraded in the last 50 years. If the upgrade can be done to make it look modern and still stay classy, then do it. I'm all for upgrading if done properly.

The NBA has forbidden teams from making new black uniforms. Or, at least, that's what I've heard. That's why there are two greens, rather than a green and a black.

This jersey could've used some gold. Or, at least, a bright color to outline the black.

I like the idea of gold for the Celtics...just don't make it look like the Sacramento Kings alts.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Odd. I showed the picture to my brother and the first thing he said was they look like bad college basketball uniforms, "like Manhattan or something".

Good point.

They look like practice jerseys, or like LA Gear attempted basketball uniforms.

And why would they wear these green uniforms at home?

Talk about bizarro world.

Archived