Maurice Richard

chrimart

I saw the film yesterday and I was moved.

This is a classy film for a national hero.

Habs players should see this film to be inspired.

FYI: Many players and NHL pundits do cameos in the film:

Mike Ricci (as Elmer Lach)

Vincent Lecavalier (as Jean Béliveau)ed

Sean Avery (as a crazy Ranger, who treats the Rocket as a frog... interresting not?)

I don't know if the film is present in Canada outside Québec. I saw the film in French, as almost bilingual as I am, I recommend to see the film in original french version (with subtitles maybe).

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

I've never liked the Rocket. I hear he's a cocky guy and has the biggest ego possible. My grandpa worked for customs and one time the Canadiends came through. Long story short, the Rocket refused to deal with customs because as he put it " Don't you know who I am? I'm Rocket Richard!"

He sure was one hell of a hockey player though.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

There is three things who rule the world: Hunger, Money and Controversy! :D

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Habs players should see this film to be inspired.

They saw the movie before it was even shown to the media, in order to let them see who Maurice Richard really was.

I'll make sure to go see it in theaters, looks like a really good movie.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Pascal Dupuis from the Wild is also in the movie.

Roy Dupuis, no relation to Pascal, who plays Rocket Richard was the star of the old La Femme Nikita TV series, a show I really, really loved. In fact, his character was called "spyboy" by the shows fans, and is where my board name comes from.

It will be interesting to see Ricci in the movie without his usual hair...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived