Team Quebec?

officeglenn

The CBC did a pretty good documentary a while back near the 10th anniversary of the '95 vote. The website is still up at http://www.cbc.ca/breakingpoint

I was trying to find the actual long and convoluted question on there, but I haven't the time to sift through it all at this moment.

This is so dumb! as someone said before let's see team California in the Olympics! Just becase the majority of the province speaks French is no reason to seperate. Plus if they do 10 years from know they'll be back in Canada or my worst fear, the US :cry: So stop comeplaining, The Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut speak Inuit, Are they trying to seperate? No, so why should Quebec?

untitled-6.jpg

Iroquois is in the World Cup of Lacrosse. I know they finished 3rd but lacrosse does not have too many super powers as there is in hockey and baseball or soccer.

Allow Team Quebec in the World Cup of Hockey because Iroquois is allowed to compete in lacrosse so why team TQ

Slightly off topic, but if Quebec did break away, does that mean the Montreal Canadiens would have to change their name to the Quebec Nordiques? :hockeysmiley:

Also, are the Canadiens still owned by an American group? Wouldn't they just move the team to a different part of Canada or even the States as a new country's economy probably couldn't support the pro team then? The interviews I've seen thus far seem to indicate that ALL of the pros are against a seperate Team Quebec. I cannot imagine the professionals from Quebec would take a huge cut in pay just to play in their former home.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I'd like to pre-order an Equipe Quebec hockey jersey please, maybe start off with a Lemieux # 66 home jersey . . . :flagcanada:

Vive Quebec Libre!

(some trouble-making American)

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

This is so dumb! as someone said before let's see team California in the Olympics! Just becase the majority of the province speaks French is no reason to seperate. Plus if they do 10 years from know they'll be back in Canada or my worst fear, the US :cry: So stop comeplaining, The Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut speak Inuit, Are they trying to seperate? No, so why should Quebec?

Take any Canadian History course in High School, you'll realize why they want to seperate.

1zqy8ok.gif

This is so dumb! as someone said before let's see team California in the Olympics! Just becase the majority of the province speaks French is no reason to seperate. Plus if they do 10 years from know they'll be back in Canada or my worst fear, the US :cry:Β  So stop comeplaining, The Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut speak Inuit, Are they trying to seperate? No, so why should Quebec?

Take any Canadian History course in High School, you'll realize why they want to seperate.

yeah, they have their reasons, but that dosn't justify it. the french lost the french/indian war. end of debate.

To be honest, I dont understand why Quebec isn't their own country by now. They speak a different language than the rest of Canada, and by doing this it seems like they want to be their own country.

Does anyone know why they arent their own country yet?

Back in 1990, the "Meech Lake" accord was supposed to give Quebec recognition as a sovereign state, meaning they would be able to govern themselves, but still be linked to Canada. Like Puerto Rico is to the U.S., however the bill was defeated.

Archived