Colorado Buffaloes Basketball Jersey

BupsJones

Uni Watch this week had the best pictures of the new Colorado Buffaloes Basketball Men's Jersey, Home, Away and Alternate...nowhere on the official Buffs website CUBuffs.com a thing, but does anyone know how or where the replica versions can be purchased or either the tops or shorts?

Also, is Nike still continuing its personalization of NCAA jerseys where you can add your own name and number to the back?

Thanks!

Donnie Boyce! Hell yeah! I was at the game last night and they didn't have any. I asked the guy working and he had no idea either. There are a few people I can e-mail to see if they know, but I can't promise anything.

Lord knows I've been wanting one of their jerseys for a long time. I've NEVER seen one for sale.

All right, I got an e-mail back from Bruce Fletcher, the University's Director of Licensing. Doesn't sound good for BasketBuff fans.

I manage the University's licensing program and can answer your inquiry about the availability of the CU Men's Basketball Jerseys.  Nike is our official licensee in the jersey category and unfortunately due to high minimums by the manufacturer/licensee (600 Units) we were not able to produce any replica jerseys.  The retail market would have to support the sale of 600 units and during the past yrs. sales meetings retailers would not commit to buying 600 units citing they would have CU inventory left yr. end.  The best way to help is asking The Sports Authority, Gart Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods, College Corner, etc. you want to buy a Colorado basketball jersey as this will put pressure on the companies citing the retail demand is there and they will have less risk bringing in the high # of jerseys.

The only other jerseys in the market are fashion bball jersey as you can call College Corner @ 303-786-8243 or TGalaxy @ 303-440-9021.

We'll revisit this potential sale of a men's basketball jersey with Richard Roby - #23 again in the Spring for Fall 2006 and see if the landscape has changed.

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.  Go Buffs!

Bruce

That is horrible, how does he know, especially with a new design. This is a joke, they don't even sell jerseys to have fans support he team or promote them.

Hey Bruce, from an alumnus and fan, this is a huge mistake not to produce the jersey, which would cost you for 600, what at 20 bucks each from Nike wholesale...1200 bucks?

Ha, you make that much in concessions at halftime of one game.

Hey Bruce, from an alumnus and fan, this is a huge mistake not to produce the jersey, which would cost you for 600, what at 20 bucks each from Nike wholesale...1200 bucks?

May want to work on your math.:D

But you are right. Buff fans simply do not support the basketball team or even the football team the way that they should. I'd like to see some numbers comparing CU apparel sales as compared to other major programs. They must be selling enough product for Nike to continue giving them a fairly lucrative apparel contract.

Yeah I meant $12000 which is still lunch money to CU, sorry forgot a 0...anyway I wrote a wild email to Bruce Fletcher, may make sense or not, kind of heat of the moment, enjoy if you guys like!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if nothing else, I was able to get my feelings off of my chest to someone that is pretty important influential with the University.

Archived