Tampa Bay Buccaneers concept

Dave Ship

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in 1st beatnik , all of your designs are awesome you have a future if your not doing it for a living . 2nd Tampa Bay in 2003 floated around with a number of different uni's for a 3rd , but it end up being norrowed down to a pewter jersey and pants with a option of white . But the NFL Rejected it saying we could not use it saying pewter is a neutral color, which i have never understood , but there is not a 3rd uni at this point . anyways happy to join . B)

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beatnik, I must admit I am not a huge fan of alot of your concepts, mostly due to the amount of piping and wide stripes and bibs you use, however, the addition of the pewter jersey in the update is brilliant and I don't care what the NFL thinks, I think that would be really cool to see on the field.

Also, let me say that you always take risks and try new things, which I give you credit for. Your concepts are always very interesting and there are always elements that I like, however, your modern touch is sometimes a bit too much for me at times. Different strokes for different folks. Keep it up, its great to see that you have alot of fans. :grin:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

as for the guy ripping on the pewter and the bucs jerseys in general, they are:

a) unique

unique? they always looked like 49ers rip-offs to me.

if they just made that black fasion jersey the primary home shirt, and changed the numbers and sleave stripping on the whites to black, then they would be perfect.

If by "perfect" you mean "a ripoff of the Raiders", then yep, you are correct.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Heck, I liked the creamsicle alternate jersey. Never disliked the Bucco Bruce set, but I understand why they changed. Their current set is one of my favorites, but I do wish there was a little bit more orange. The current orange just about blends into the red. I've seen a couple of concepts lately with the ship on the helmet. I think it's too much for the helmet, and poorly sized for the shape of the helmet. The flag, though, works great. The whole uniform set is much more intimidating looking than many other sets in the league, and I think that's a good thing in comparison to what people thought of the old set.

It's very annoying to me when on jerseys styled this way (side jersey stripe flowing into side pants stripe) the two stripes don't match....the point is to make it a seamless transition. I like the concept overall, but it's not much different from the current unis, and is a downgrade. It would be tight if it were a total redesign from the creamsicle days

Beatnik your jerseys are awesome man! Those things are great, I like that you changed the helmet back and I have a good idea that you might wanna try. During training camp this year the bucs used jerseys that had numbers of the same font as their script logo, heres a pic:

McCown05_17_05_1_b.jpg

and heres a link to see more pictures of them

http://www.buccaneers.com/av/photogame.asp...005&phototype=4

neways about the Black Jerseys, they are the alternate Jerseys for the Bucs, although they weren't the Glazer's 1st choice. The Bucs wanted a Pewter ALT jersey but were denied it since the NFL said Pewter was to much of a "Neutral" color to be used (Yet the Raiders' silver ones arn't) so Black was chosen as the ALT jersey for the Bucs but has never been worn due to the hot weather down in Tampa. And for the orange creamsicle jerseys don't look out for them soon since the new owners are known for hating that color.

bucstexans.jpg

neways about the Black Jerseys, they are the alternate Jerseys for the Bucs, although they weren't the Glazer's 1st choice. The Bucs wanted a Pewter ALT jersey but were denied it since the NFL said Pewter was to much of a "Neutral" color to be used (Yet the Raiders' silver ones arn't) so Black was chosen as the ALT jersey for the Bucs but has never been worn due to the hot weather down in Tampa. And for the orange creamsicle jerseys don't look out for them soon since the new owners are known for hating that color.

First, the Raiders don't have silver alternate game jerseys. Perhaps fashion replica jerseys (like the Bucs' black), but not game jerseys. The Pats have silver jerseys and are viewed just like a white jersey.

Second, I still don't buy this rumor that Tampa has black jerseys as an official, in the NFL Style Guide, alternate. Hopefully Pantone can shine some light on the subject.

And no offense, but was "neways" so much easier to type than the correct "anyway"?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Beatnik your jerseys are awesome man! Those things are great, I like that you changed the helmet back and I have a good idea that you might wanna try. During training camp this year the bucs used jerseys that had numbers of the same font as their script logo, heres a pic:

For the umpteenth time: the Bucs' practice jerseys have numbers that are barely legible when viewed from a few feet away with a stationary subject. Imagine reading them on 11 moving athletes from the press box, the upper deck or on TV. If the Patriots had to scrap their red numerals (Southern Cal font) with white outlines because they couldn't be read on the blue jerseys, you can bet these will never see an NFL game.

Numbers: identifying marker first, fashion statement second.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And no offense, but was "neways" so much easier to type than the correct "anyway"?

Thats ok none taken neways is jus kinda my thing I've been typing it that way for a couple years now so can't really change it, neways......

bucstexans.jpg

Archived