Icecap's NHL re-design

IceCap

I have a slight problem with the Leafs one. HOW could you not incorporate the 70's leafs jersey into there? That would be the most awesome alt, especially if you make each shoulder leaf a different one from their past, and the crest the old style leaf. I like the home and away idea you have though.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a slight problem with the Leafs one. HOW could you not incorporate the 70's leafs jersey into there? That would be the most awesome alt, especially if you make each shoulder leaf a different one from their past, and the crest the old style leaf. I like the home and away idea you have though.

i thought about doing something like that, and i might still do it. i will not, however, use the ballard (current) leaf logo.

i thought about doing something like that, and i might still do it. i will not, however, use the ballard (current) leaf logo.

Use the 67 crest as the main one, and use the current alternate crest on one shoulder and maybe one of the earlier forms on the other shoulder. One idea I had was using the leaf with the red text in it for the front of the jersey, that would be pretty cool to see.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Icecap- I love what you did with the Leafs jerseys. But even though the twin-stripe socks seem to go with the jerseys better they themselve still remind me of Pal Hal. Let's exorcize all memories of Ballard, therefore no twin-stripe socks. Besides the current socks will always say "Toronto Maple Leafs" to any real hockey fan. They have got to stay.

One other point. You say you used the twin-stripes to be consistant with the sleeve striping. And on the "St. Pats" combo you have one-stripe on the sweaters and socks. That's consistancy. But on the "Arenas" you use the twin-stripe socks. If you want to be consistant all the way the "Arenas" should use five stripes on their socks.

Montreal should use all lace-necks.

Ottawa- whatever. They're still gonna choke in the playoffs. :flagcanada:

GO LEAFS GO!

Really not feeling the Canucks concept. Green and blue will always be the Whalers, not the Canucks. I'm not too fond of their current set either, their best was the black/red/gold set from the 80s and early 90s.

0048.jpg

0050.jpg

As for the Oilers, I'm glad you ditched the alt, but I think the oil worker logo is a bit too busy to be used as a primary. I would have kept the oil drop logo, and maybe added an orange alt... I wonder how that would look... *ponders*

stoneraizersig.jpg

Really not feeling the Canucks concept. Green and blue will always be the Whalers, not the Canucks. I'm not too fond of their current set either, their best was the black/red/gold set from the 80s and early 90s.

0048.jpg

0050.jpg

The Canucks did infact wear blue and green. It was their first colour scheme.

Anyway I re-did my Canucks concept in the old black, gold, and red colours. IMO they're not bad, but I still perfer the green and blue.

NHLuniformsVCbyr2.png

0048.jpg

0050.jpg

The Canucks did infact wear blue and green. It was their first colour scheme.

Anyway I re-did my Canucks concept in the old black, gold, and red colours. IMO they're not bad, but I still perfer the green and blue.

NHLuniformsVCbrg.png

Heh, the Vancouver Conservitives!

Nice, very very nice. I like that more then the green/blue one.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Ya I know the Nucks wore green and blue back in the day, but the Whalers made that colour scheme famous. When I think of green and blue, I think of the Whale and not of the Nuck, but hey that's just my personal opinion.

As for the concept, I'm digging the black and gold but I'm not feeling the white stripes on the road jersey and would go with black.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Time for the first bonus concept in my NHL redesign, Canadian edition.

NHLuniformsLNQ2.png

The Quebec Nordiques. At first I was tempted to come up with something that used the unused wolf logo and it's teal/navy/black scheme. In the end, however, I decided to go with the original Nords logos and colours.

The jersey template is based off of the template they would have used with the wolf logo and scheme. Winnipeg Jets still to come.

Time for the first bonus concept in my NHL redesign, Canadian edition.

NHLuniformsLNQ.png

The Quebec Nordiques. At first I was tempted to come up with something that used the unused wolf logo and it's teal/navy/black scheme. In the end, however, I decided to go with the original Nords logos.

The jersey template is based off of the template they would have used with the wolf logo and scheme. Winnipeg Jets still to come.

Slick, very slick. I like how you inversed the logo on the blue jersey to the way it was in the '81 season. For some reason the red seems a little too bright to me...mainly because I'm not used to seeing that much red on a Nords jersey...or any red not on the logo... But looks good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

The Nucks concept is pretty cool in the orange red and black but I still prefer the blue and green set more, as for the Nordiques, that's pretty nice, but I'd darken up the blue and/or red because it seems too 80s with those colours, I don't know why, probably because hockey teams are more in favour of darker blues now a days (besides for powder blue)

Slick, very slick. I like how you inversed the logo on the blue jersey to the way it was in the '81 season. For some reason the red seems a little too bright to me...mainly because I'm not used to seeing that much red on a Nords jersey...or any red not on the logo... But looks good.

Thanks, I always liked that inverted logo, and when I decided to use traditional Nords colours and logos I decided I was going to use it.

Yeah, I see what you mean about the red seeming bright. You're right, it is because we're not used to seeing very much red on a Nords uni. The shade of red I used (as well as the blue) is the same shade they used from 1980-1995.

The Nucks concept is pretty cool in the orange red and black but I still prefer the blue and green set more, as for the Nordiques, that's pretty nice, but I'd darken up the blue and/or red because it seems too 80s with those colours, I don't know why, probably because hockey teams are more in favour of darker blues now a days (besides for powder blue)

Yeah, I'm with you on the Canucks set. The red/yellow/black set looks nice, but I perfer the blue/green one.

As for the Nords colours looking too 80's, well I decided to use their red and blue that they used from 80-95. As Neon_Matrix pointed out, had the Nords stayed in QC they would probably have ditched their navy/teal/black/wolf head unis around 2000, returning to their traditional colours. That was look I was trying to go for. That's why I used the wolf head jersey template, but used classic Nords logos and colours.

Icecap- I love what you did with the Leafs jerseys. But even though the twin-stripe socks seem to go with the jerseys better they themselve still remind me of Pal Hal. Let's exorcize all memories of Ballard, therefore no twin-stripe socks. Besides the current socks will always say "Toronto Maple Leafs" to any real hockey fan. They have got to stay.

One other point. You say you used the twin-stripes to be consistant with the sleeve striping. And on the "St. Pats" combo you have one-stripe on the sweaters and socks. That's consistancy.  But on the "Arenas" you use the twin-stripe socks. If you want to be consistant all the way the "Arenas" should use five stripes on their socks.

Montreal should use all lace-necks.

Ottawa- whatever. They're still gonna choke in the playoffs. :flagcanada:

GO LEAFS GO!

I took you segestions, saw how they looked, and ran with them. See the Leafs concept on the first page for the update. I eleminated the twin stripe socks, replacing them with the traditional Leafs socks. Though IMO they don't look as good as the twin stripes, the oppertunity to erase all of the Ballard era from the unis was to good to pass up. Also, I added socks to the Arenas vintage sweater that match the sleave striping.

Our second Cancucks set looks like something for the German national team, hell the logo on the white uni look almost like it IS the German flag. Not dumping on your design, just making a note. I think I prefer the blue and green set, of course I come a generation that doesn't really remember the whalers. They moved when I was ten and they were in the Eastern Confence so my Wings never played them, or as far as I can remember.

I do love your Oilers set. I've always hated that 70s logo and their secondaries are some of the most beautiful in the league.

And BTW, you might want to avoid the wrath of Red Wings fans on here and skip them altogether ^_^

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

And BTW, you might want to avoid the wrath of Red Wings fans on here and skip them altogether ^_^

Well as of now, I'm only doing Canadian teams, but when I do get to the American clubs the Wings are one of the first I plan on doing (along with the three other American teams of the Original 6). Don't worry though, I plan on giving the same treatment to Detroite as I gave Montreal (see the first post).

Ice- Those Leaf sets are excellent now that you've updated them. Why don't you run them by the folks at MLSE.

The Nords look nice, just a little too much red.

And the western clubs don't do anything for me. Then there is really not much to work with. Possible idea for Vancouver- try an updated version of the old Western (Pro) Hockey League lumberjack from the '60s. That would make a great logo, and the crossed axes in some sort of "V" shape could make a nice secondary or sleeve logo.

NHLuniformsWJ2.png

Finally, the last set in my Canadian NHL redesign project: The Winnipeg Jets.

Basically I took the jet from their last logo (before moving to Phoenix) and added a Canadien-like stripe to symbolise motion and speed. I continued the stripe onto the back, but not by much.

I know that the stripe coloures are not inverses of each other in regards to the home and road, but the I felt this was the best design possible. If i inverted the stripe colours directly then two senerios would have occured:

1) The road striping would have been red-blue-red, and would look to much like my Canadiens road jersey.

2) The home striping would have been white-red-white, and IMO this didn't look as good as red-white-red.

In the end, this was the best solution, IMO.

So there you all have it. Each Canadian team got a make-over (Vancouver got a double treatment), as well as two former Canadian clubs. I would like to thank everyone who took time to comment on these, I really appreciated it.

Actually, I had a lot of fun making these, and plan on at least doing the American Original 6, so stay tuned for those.

Nice job on all of them, I would have to say the black,red, yellow canucks looks more native american, but the blue/green looks more northwest-ish... both look good though!.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived