Good News

Chief.

The winter sports program I designed has been printed and was for sale at the basketball game last night.

Now, this morning my computer applications teacher emailed me saying that the school wants to use the indian logo on the next course guide (newspaper handed out yearly with a guide to classes available). Anyway I had to thank the guys who helped me with that logo. Thanks a lot for all the critique! Maybe sometime it'll go on some athletic apparel.

WinterSportsProgramWatermark.png

cool, I tell ya what-the abstract-ish wrestling scene works there, I like it.

...I'd scrapbook the first one they make that I got my hands on if I were you (if you haven't already)...I shoulda done that with my JV game program. I kid you not, somebody actually bothered to make game programs for our JV football team back in 98 (though only for one game), and they had teh Eagles logo (with CASE HIGH SCHOOL replacing PHILADELPHIA) and "1998 SOPHOMORE FOOTBALL" on the front, and our schedule and roster inside. More unique than the generic-ass varsity programs, which all three public schools (and probably both private schools) use for every sport where they give out programs. shoot, if a program from a Case game and a program from a Park game were switched around, nobody would tell the difference from either side of the cover <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The chief head logo rules. I wasn't a big fan of the first draft, but the final result is brilliant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

cool, I tell ya what-the abstract-ish wrestling scene works there, I like it.

...I'd scrapbook the first one they make that I got my hands on if I were you (if you haven't already)...I shoulda done that with my JV game program. I kid you not, somebody actually bothered to make game programs for our JV football team back in 98 (though only for one game), and they had teh Eagles logo (with CASE HIGH SCHOOL replacing PHILADELPHIA) and "1998 SOPHOMORE FOOTBALL" on the front, and our schedule and roster inside. More unique than the generic-ass varsity programs, which all three public schools (and probably both private schools) use for every sport where they give out programs. shoot, if a program from a Case game and a program from a Park game were switched around, nobody would tell the difference from either side of the cover <_<

That's why I tried to set this one apart from the ones from past years. You mean every program pretty much looked the same? That's stupid. And yes, I got my hands on some the other night. My only disappointment being that they replaced my yellow with vegas gold, it looks good color-wise, but I'm wondering what it would look like with the other color.

The whole thing looks really nice, JD. The chief head specifically, bt it all came together well. Good work with this. :grin:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

That's why I tried to set this one apart from the ones from past years. You mean every program pretty much looked the same? That's stupid.

yup...if you handed me a program from a Case football game, a program from a Park basketball game and a program from a Horlick wrestling match I couldn't tell you which one was which without looking inside. not even so much as an emphasis on what sport's being played <_< pathetic.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Well, nevermind about the course guide. The school doesn't want to depict a logo with a Native American head (even though they approved it 2 weeks ago). Funny, because the school has at least 100 different depictions painted all over the place, not to mention on every hoody and t-shirt they sell and on their website (www.hayshighindians.com). Now it's Christmas break and they want me to make a logo that's not offensive but I don't have the time. All they needed to do was tell me earlier, but that's just them.

This is an official warning from the CCSLB topic police.

Your topics *MUST* describe the contents of your message, not tease it, or cut off your thought.

Please revise your topic titles in the future to contain the topic contained within.

This is your first warning.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived