Teal Take 2

TwoRsAndTwoLs

Is the wordmark triple outlined (teal/silver/white)? If so, that's my only gripe - it gets a little too intricate. White lettering might work better on the front, though I like the navy, but it could be thinned a little if you're going to have all that outlining.

Love the number font. That should be their everyday font as well.

I still my teal-brimmed cap, wondering when it became unlucky for the M's (I've had it since HS, so it's gotta be 12-13 years old by now, and it barely fits my noggin).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As a huge Mariners fan, I completely approve of that - teal and navy blue is where it's at. And a great job of meshing the old with the new. Excellent work.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

:woot: I likey! I like all of the elements on this. The teal isn't overbearing, the colors for the name and number on the back gel together smoothly, and I prefer the arch that the name has. I think it's just right.

I also agree with D that the wordmark should be white with alternating trim, but overall, sharp work!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

*wipes tear from eye*

That is a thing of beauty. My only gripes are:

The original teal jersey had shiny silver numbers with a navy outline. Could you make a version with that?

I love the old hat, but I dont think it works with this jersey. It doesn't look right when a jersey matches the brim and not the crown of the hat. It looks fine when the jersey matches the crown and not the brim. That is why they mostly wore the teal jersey with the teal hats/navy brims. This jersey would also work well with the solid navy cap. IMO, bring back the teal cap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Using navy on the wordmark and numbers is in response to jersey I saw at Safeco this season on which the guy had the new numbers in silver on the back of an old teal uni. It made me kinda angry, in a strange sort of way.

Yes, the triple-outline is probably too much. That said, I like the white on the outside because that's the distinctive piece of the '94 teals against the 95-6 teals.

Navy hat/teal brim because that's what I usually find myself wearing to games, and I think it looks a little better than teal hat/navy brim.

Forest green? Yeah, I think so too, except I tried it once and it looked a bit much like Oakland and the Devil Rays.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived