R.I.P Phyllis Gretzky

NoHoJoe

It was only a day or two since Wayne left the Coyotes too. I hope he was able to get away in time.

You don't realize how much of an icon he is until you see how his mother's death is worth a front-page mention on newspapers across Canada.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Gretzky was a player in the NHL when I was 3, but his mom is (was) the same age as mine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, he is probably one of the greatest professional athletes to ever play any sport in the last 50 years. He not only helped spread the name of hockey throught the United States, but helped redefine the worth of an athlete and their appeal in society. He is the best player to ever strap on a pair of skates and also one of the best players any sport has ever seen, not just for his skill, but for the attitude he brings to it and who he is, both on and off the ice. I can't think of another athlete from any other sport who is geniune off the field of play as they are on it, and the fact such a great person has lost someone who helped make him who he is, is a tragic loss. I wish the best to the family who put Brantford on the map of Canada.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My thoughts are with Wayne Gretzky, his dad Walter and Wayne's sister Kim and brothers Glen, Keith and Brent on the passing of a wife and mother, Phyllis on Monday night.... I'm sure they would be happy to know that Phyllis will not suffer anymore and will be a good guardian angel for the Gretzky family as well...

Archived