Team Canada Line-Up

Le Québécois

Im just finished whatching TSN, and they just announced the rosters for the Men and Womens hockey team. I dont have all the details on who roster ( sorry ) but some players new to the team are McCabe ( who gets the "A" ) Eric Staal, and the captain goes to Joe Sakic. I'll get the full roster once it comes out. Cant want untill they play.

4kv29i.jpg

In case people want to know who's on it here it is:

Goalies

Martin Brodeur

Roberto Luongo

Marty Turco

Defense

Rob Blake

Adam Foote

Ed Jovanovski

Scott Niedermeyer

Chris Pronger

Wade Redden

Robyn Regehr

Forwards

Todd Bertuzzi

Shane Doan

Kris Draper

Simon Gagne

Dany Heatley

Jerome Iginla

Vincent Lecavalier

Rick Nash

Brad Richards

Joe Sakic

Ryan Smyth

Martin St-Louis

Joe Thornton

Alternates

Bryan McCabe

Jason Spezza

Eric Staal

heh, that's not what they meant by "Alternates"

What ya mean. When they where announcing the roster, they said now for the alternates, and they called out McCabe, Staal, and Spezza, then they called out Sakic for the Captain, or if my mistaking they just called them out as they wrote them down. Oh well we will see when they play.

4kv29i.jpg

heh, that's not what they meant by "Alternates"

What ya mean. When they where announcing the roster, they said now for the alternates, and they called out McCabe, Staal, and Spezza, then they called out Sakic for the Captain, or if my mistaking they just called them out as they wrote them down. Oh well we will see when they play.

THe "ALternates" are not even really ON the team. They are on the so called Taxi squad that will be in Turin during the Olympics but won't be dressed at all unless there is an injury to someone on the actual roster.

As for Crosby, he doesn't deserve to be on it this time around. He'll be on the next two Olympics at least. This year just wasn't his year. Spezza and Staal were much more deserving than Sid the Kid.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

As for Crosby, he doesn't deserve to be on it this time around. He'll be on the next two Olympics at least. This year just wasn't his year. Spezza and Staal were much more deserving than Sid the Kid.

I agree. Everyone wanted Crosby on the team, but he hasnt proved his chance yet.

4kv29i.jpg

I'm glad Bertuzzi made the team, he's played awesome hockey the past month and is playing with a passion again, Smyth is a great, gritty player for Canada, and I'm glad they picked him, but Doan shouldn't have gone, I would've liked to see Staal in the regular line up and Doan on the taxi squad. Other than that, I have no complaints about who Team Canada picked.

I think they have an excellent mix of youth, talent and experience on this team this year. You have the vets in Sakic, Pronger, Blake and Brodeur, you have the guys who are ready to take the reigns of the Country in Iginla, Lecavalier, Gane, Heatly and Thornton. guys who have some years under their belts. and of course, the youngins, like Luongo who are going to be the men whosbacks we right on into the future.

I think that the way that McCabe and Spezza, based on their play this season warrant a place on the national team. Shane Doan and Kris Draper aren't names that exactly jump off the page at me when looking at this list. They could make a good imact ont he team, but I would feel more comfortable with Brian and Jason on the team to show us what they have

I like the look of our D, but I would take Joseph over Turco in net. For the forwards, I would take St.Louis out of there, and replace him with Karyia, just because we could easily use his speed and skill, he does well in pressure situations as well...

BTW, Draper is on there because if you were to put him on a line with Bertuzzi and say... Thornton, they will run over EVERYTHING in their path, he can get to the net, and he has been successful in World Championships, along with Doan.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I agree. Everyone wanted Crosby on the team, but he hasnt proved his chance yet.

Well, if Lindros played on Canada Cup in 1991 without having put his skates on a NHL rink yet, I'm sure Crosby would have belong there...

Imagines what experience he would have gain from playing with all those great players around him....

But one question comes up to my mind...

I saw the many Nike logos on the board behind Kevin Lowe, I wonder if the multi million contract signed by Crosby with Reebok had something to do with his absence...

Just like the presence of Doan who plays for Mr. Wayne and Smyth who plays for Mr. Lowe...

Anyway, our country is so strong that no matter who or what you put on the ice, it's gold all the way! Half of the russians don't want to play for the country, the swedes and finnish are gonna be the middle teams.... The one that should make a surprise is the Czechs...

As for th old US of A, half of their players are so old that they'll use walkers on the ice...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Draper + Doan + Smyth = Grind Line

Every Team Canada in recent memory has had a Grind Line, and I don't think Canadians would want it any other way.

Plus I love the fact that Smyth has never turned down the chance to wear the maple leaf, and wouldn't unless he was seriously injured. In these times of prima donna athletes, that's a breath of fresh air.

Well, if Lindros played on Canada Cup in 1991 without having put his skates on a NHL rink yet, I'm sure Crosby would have belong there...

Imagines what experience he would have gain from playing with all those great players around him....

But one question comes up to my mind...

I saw the many Nike logos on the board behind Kevin Lowe, I wonder if the multi million contract signed by Crosby with Reebok had something to do with his absence...

Just like the presence of Doan who plays for Mr. Wayne and Smyth who plays for Mr. Lowe...

Anyway, our country is so strong that no matter who or what you put on the ice, it's gold all the way! Half of the russians don't want to play for the country, the swedes and finnish are gonna be the middle teams.... The one that should make a surprise is the Czechs...

As for th old US of A, half of their players are so old that they'll use walkers on the ice...

If your Doan theory is correct, then why isnt Cujo on the roster?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't think Rick Nash should be there. He's had no experience this season to judge a basis of performace.

I'm slightly, but not really surprised that the three Lightning players made the team. They seem to be a underacheiving this season, but then again, the entire Lightning team seems to be a little lackluster compared to their Championship season last year.

I am a bit surprised that Shane Doan is on the team. He's not even the #1 Canadian on his team and doesn't seem to be doing so fantastic so far.

If there is a God, Bryan McCabe will not see one second of ice time. (Seriously, how does a defenceman with 40 points have a +/- of -1? He has a nasty habit of giving the puck away at inconvenient times.)

Other than, I'm okay with this team.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Where's Matt Stajan on that lineup??

And i'm SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO glad that Crosby didnt' end up on the team, no offence to him, he's good, but the guy has his own website..he's thinking he is going to become the best because everyone told him so....

I agree, if Crosby made it onto the team, his ego would probably inflate so much they would need to open a second a website to help contain it and show it off. I would love to see Steen go, hes bloody awesome, but hey, maybe in 4 years he may get a shot.

RC, I think Richards and Lecavalier will do great, but I really don't like seeing St. Louis on there, especially when there are better players avaliable who have more speed and size and skill.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived