Fairfax Bats

AAO

The wings need some work. Get some cleaner lines in there and it will help it better. The backs also need the protrusion where the finger you could call it come out on a bat. Maybe a slightly lighter shade of red. The blue and gold are good. I would get rid of the white letters and eye, replace with gold and then do the wordmark treatment in red.

This was something I was working on just to show roxstar a different direction he could go, since the similarity to the batman logo was brought up in his UOC entry. It's nowhere near where I'd like it to be and I doubt I'll work on it anymore, but this is it:

conceptbats7do.gif

thanks aao. i might do up some new bat, not a simple line shaped logo. i was thinking of soing something with more detail, more of a logo than a shape. good thing i have a few weeks! :D

awesome job aao. you do some amazing work!!!

footer_helmet.gif

I agree that the wings need work, but the face/head is terrific. Never seen a bat head in a logo drawn like that, and it really works for me. The proportions are nice, too.

For the bottom wing I'd just concentrate on how a real bat wing looks. It has those bones that splay out from the arm. Check some photos and get some ideas. This could be awesome.

I like your idea a lot, AAO. Mings had a good idea with replacing the white eyes with a gold and maybe putting some red in the wordmark. I love how the head/face looks, but I agree the wings need some help. They just don't really look like they match. Great job, though.

teamsnew2.png

umm....ah...yeah i did mean to do that...

haha not at all....nice catch, i guess it's kind of there, but totally unintentional

I assumed it WAS intentional, so I didn't say anything.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

umm....ah...yeah i did mean to do that...

haha not at all....nice catch, i guess it's kind of there, but totally unintentional

Ya, I didn't know if it was or not, but when I saw that, I didn't know if it was on purpose, or not, it's one of those added things to a logo that make people realize how brilliant the creator is :P

One of my favorite logos of yours. usually they have very little variation. An AAO Concept: There is an animal usually standing and looking mildly displeased behind or on top of a wordmark. Although this one is the same thing, it really has a unique pose and look to it. I really enjoy this one AAO, you should relly think of finishing it off and trying to make the bat screeching with a little teeth flashing.

The wings need some work. Get some cleaner lines in there and it will help it better. The backs also need the protrusion where the finger you could call it come out on a bat. Maybe a slightly lighter shade of red. The blue and gold are good. I would get rid of the white letters and eye, replace with gold and then do the wordmark treatment in red.

This the difference between me and a design professional --

AAO says this is "nowhere near where I'd like it to be." joshuamings then looks at this logo and provides detailed criticism about shading and shape.

I look at it and say "Wow. That is freaking amazing. What do you mean it isn't a finished product?" B)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

That's what most of the general public will say, leopard.

But your fellow designers will call you out if some things don't seem right to them. It hurts your rep if you were to just call something not totally finished a final product, and sell it to an actual team.

This the difference between me and a design professional --

AAO says this is "nowhere near where I'd like it to be." joshuamings then looks at this logo and provides detailed criticism about shading and shape.

I look at it and say "Wow. That is freaking amazing. What do you mean it isn't a finished product?" B)

I wouldn't call myself a design professional by any means, just "particular".

That's what most of the general public will say, leopard.

But your fellow designers will call you out if some things don't seem right to them.  It hurts your rep if you were to just call something not totally finished a final product, and sell it to an actual team.

I don't doubt that for a second. My meaning was more along the line that I just have an untrained eye, so I miss things that a professional (or someone "particular" like joshuamings) would pick up.

Archived