Icecap's NHL re-design-Complete Edition

IceCap

Sorry, but I have to disagree to the Kings' change.  I honestly don't see a flaw in their look, just because it's so unique in the league.  I just don't see what you made as an improvement.

Well I respect your opinion, but IMO the current template the Kings use is awful. I appreciate the feed-back, but every uniform I post in this project reflects my opinions regarding a team's uniform. I take every suggestion into considerastion, and try to see how most of them look. If something someone suggested looks better, IMO, then what I originally came up with then I update that set using the suggestion. However at the end of the day these all reflect my opinion.

Once again thanks for the comment, we'll have to agree to disagree on the Kings uniforms.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great update for the Kings, looks much better.

I love the current black alternate with the "Anaheim" script they currently use, and I think you should've thrown that one in to make the set complete.

My problem with the black Ducks jersey is that it looks to much like a Kings jersey.

Atlanta Thrashers

I know I'm going to get a lot of slack for this one. Basically I used the two sleave template from their thrid and used it here. IMO the Thrashers can get away withs stuff like this. They're a new team, they have two progressive logos, and it's something that will truly make them stand out in the leauge. I chose red as the primary colour because it's closer to the colour of a real thrasher (brown). I also ditched the idea of a powder blue jersey. All though I love that colour, it's not that significant in the Thrasher's scheme to warrent its own jersey. I also ditched the "ATLANTA" down the sleave, and used TV numbers on both sleaves. I decided to go with the thrasher/hockey srick logo as the primary, simply because IMO it's the better logo.

Buffalo Sabers

Most people here have already seen my Sabers concept many times. I'm adding it here so it can be seen with the entire NHL set, and so new members can take a look at it (all though the first link in my sig links right to it).

Anyway colour-wise I returned the Sabers to their roots, with a modern twist. Rather then return to yellow and roayl blue, I used true gold and navy. I keept the current jersey template because it's unique to the Sabers, and it would be a shame if the leauge lost such an inovative design. Logo-wise I used the crossed sabers alt logo, which IMO is a perfect logo for the team. I keept the "B/saber" logo as the alt logo. I eliminated all traces of the "buffalo head" logo, seeing as the name of the team in the "Sabers" not the "Buffalos."

*I appoligize for only having the fronts of these jerseys. I made the Sabers concept a while ago, before I included the backs in my jersey concepts. I've seem to have lost this praticular template.

~EDIT~ I recently found the Buffalo template, and have updated the Sabers set to include the backs of the jerseys.

Atlanta Thrashers

I know I'm going to get a lot of slack for this one. Basically I used the two sleave template from their thrid and used it here. IMO the Thrashers can get away withs stuff like this. They're a new team, they have two progressive logos, and it's something that will truly make them stand out in the leauge. I chose red as the primary colour because it's closer to the colour of a real thrasher (brown). I also ditched the idea of a powder blue jersey. All though I love that colour, it's not that significant in the Thrasher's scheme to warrent its own jersey. I also ditched the "ATLANTA" down the sleave, and used TV numbers on both sleaves. I decided to go with the thrasher/hockey srick logo as the primary, simply because IMO it's the better logo.

[

I can't believe I'm saying this but i love the Atlanta jerseys the red is amazing!

untitled-6.jpg

I absouletly LOVE these two! I am the only person in the whole universe that liked the Florida Gators two coloured sleeves (orange on one side, blue on the other) and these looks cool as well. I think red is the PERFECT colour for the Atlanta Thrashers, and the two colour arms are very UNIQUE and people would love these and buy them because they go against the grain, and go against symetry. I'm glad you dumped the weird looking T-bird thing, and last thing about the Thrasher concept, THANK YOU for ditching the powder blues, because that colour does not BELONG in hockey!

The Sabres concept is perfect. Awesome colours, and if they wore these, they would be my favourite jersey's in the whole NHL. The logo looks great those colours and the alternate that they use as a primary works very well.

These are two of my favourite hockey concepts I've seen in a long time.

These are two of my favourite hockey concepts I've seen in a long time.

Wow. Thanks man. That REALLY means a lot.

Up next, the

Carolina Hurricanes

I used the SJ Sharks template here. I did so because IMO the curves of the template fit the logo very well. Speaking of the logo, I flipped it so the eye of the hurricane would look more like a puck. I added the hurricane flags to the pants. I attempted to mimick the hurricane flags on the socks, and I think I was successful, at least with the road and alt socks. I had to switch the colours up on the home socks though.

Colorado and Columbus up next.

Nice work so far, but I have to take you task over the Anaheim redesign.

The color of your home sweater is jade, which is in the dark green family. Eggplant is the purplish color you used for trim around the sleeves and bottom of the torso.

And as a general rule, I don't like wordmarks for crests on NHL jerseys. Just looks very amateurish/collegiate. Of course, I don't know that the Donald Duck mask is as cool as it used to be. But that's my two cents. Other than that, I've liked the work to date.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't know what you ate today, but whatever you did, it's helping becuause these are awesome. This concept is also great, and what surprised me is as soon as I finished commenting on your Atlanta/Buffalo concept, another one is finished. I love the red home jersey, and the black alt is a good edition. The Sharks template works great with the Hurricanes.

Love the 'Canes redesign. The circular sleeve effects work nicely with the hurricane concept.

My only suggestion would be to find a way to use the "flag on a stick" alternate logo. (Actually, first you should correct it: one flag = tropical storm, two flags = hurricane. :rolleyes: ) IMO that logo is a more creative design than the buzzsaw with a puck they use as their crest now. I honestly don't know if the flags on a stick would make a good crest, but it's such a good shoulder patch I'd hate to see it come off their sweaters. It says "hurricane" without having to say it, and the hockey stick is a good tie-in. There used to be a guy who sat in the upper deck at Greensboro Coliseum waving the flags on a hockey stick. It looked great, and it's the kind of thing few teams could really use to their advantage - is there such a thing as an "avalanche warning flag"?

Overall, fantastic work so far.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The color of your home sweater is jade, which is in the dark green family.  Eggplant is the purplish color you used for trim around the sleeves and bottom of the torso.

My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. I always get the names of the Ducks' eggplant and jade mixed up with their actual colours.

Love the 'Canes redesign. The circular sleeve effects work nicely with the hurricane concept.

My only suggestion would be to find a way to use the "flag on a stick" alternate logo. (Actually, first you should correct it: one flag = tropical storm, two flags = hurricane.:rolleyes:) IMO that logo is a more creative design than the buzzsaw with a puck they use as their crest now. I honestly don't know if the flags on a stick would make a good crest, but it's such a good shoulder patch I'd hate to see it come off their sweaters. It says "hurricane" without having to say it, and the hockey stick is a good tie-in.

The hurricane flag logo presents a unique problem: the way it is now looks great. However it is incorrect. If an other flag is added to make it correct it becomes to cluttered. That's why I decided to ditch it all together, and make up for it by adding the flags to the pants, and to a lesser extent the socks. However your comment about an "avalanche warning flag" helped me solve the logo problem I was having with the Avs. Speaking of the Avs...

Colorado Avalanche

I keept the Avs template intact, but eliminated black from the scheme all together. I also ditched the NY Rangers-esque alt, as well as both of their logos. I've never liked either of their logos, so I designed a new one for them, based off of an avalanche warning sign.

~EDIT~ Updated the Buffalo set with the backs of the jerseys.

~EDIT~ Added the "C/tomahawk" logo to all three jerseys in the Blackhawks set in the first post on page 1.

However your comment about an "avalanche warning flag" helped me solve the logo problem I was having with the Avs.

Glad to be of service, coincidentally as it was! :P

I really like the Avs redesign. The black always looked forced. I do miss the vertical-arched last names, but beyond that, I have no beef with anything you did to their look with your concept. Keep it up!

2007nleastchamps.png

However your comment about an "avalanche warning flag" helped me solve the logo problem I was having with the Avs.

Glad to be of service, coincidentally as it was! :P

I really like the Avs redesign. The black always looked forced. I do miss the vertical-arched last names, but beyond that, I have no beef with anything you did to their look with your concept. Keep it up!

I would have added the arched named if I knew how to do them. Coincidental or not, your comment really helped me out of a creative slump.

Stay tuned for Columbus, Florida, and Minnesota.

Columbus Blue Jackets

First off, I eleminated lime green all together. Secondly, I ditched the "CB/hockey stick" logo. I used the Civil War hat alt logo from the alt sweater as the alt logo here. For the primary I used the primary from the current alt. I keept the Jackets home and road templates intact, but ditched the alt template.

Florida Panthers

I ditched the red jersey entirly. For some reason I never liked it. For the primary logo I used the panther in the circle. It's an official Panthers logo, but the team has never worn it. IMO it's a modern take on the classic logos, like the Blackhawks old crest.

Minnesota Wild

IMO the Wild have the best complete uniform package in the leauge, so I left everything untouched.

i always thought the red florida jersey was the best...

but i have to disagree with the blue jackets. while the unis you made were very good, the green made them stand out from the rest of the league. It didn't really match with the rest of the colours, but that's what made it cool. Sort of like the green on the seahawks jersey

Nashville Preditors

Basically I went back to the look they had just before they introduced their G-d awful alternates. Unique, yet clean.

New Jersey, New York Islanders, and Phoenix Coyotes up next.

Basically I went back to the look they had just before they introduced their G-d awful alternates. Unique, yet clean.

They had white sleeve numbers on silver sleeves? I honestly don't remember, but I can't imagine they'd be legible. Navy would show up better on the sleeves. That's what we used for our local rec league sweaters, that we based on the Preds' dark sweaters. Of course, their silver translated onto our sweaters as flat gray... :mad:

2007nleastchamps.png

They had white sleeve numbers on silver sleeves? I honestly don't remember, but I can't imagine they'd be legible. Navy would show up better on the sleeves. That's what we used for our local rec league sweaters, that we based on the Preds' dark sweaters. Of course, their silver translated onto our sweaters as flat gray... :mad:

My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed.

Now onto the next batch.

New Jersey Devils

The Devils have a very clean, traditional look, and I like that. So I left the home and road sweaters alone. I did add a new black alt.

New York Islanders

This is one I scrapped and started over. I incorperated the 4 Stanley Cup stripes into diagonal striped at the waist and cuffs. I also used the 4 stripes on the socks. I font I used is the font the Islanders currently use on their orange alternate jerseys. Finally, I used the lighthouse logo as the primary, ditching the 70's clip art logo they currently use.

San Jose Sharks and Phoenix Coyotes up next.

Archived