Icecap's NHL re-design-Complete Edition

IceCap

A week or two ago I redesigned all of the Canadian NHL teams, as well as the Winnipeg Jets and Quebec Nordiques. Well now I'm ready to do the entire leauge. Here are the Canadian teams for the sake of completness.

Once again I would like to thank both CC and RC for the templates, colours, logos, and fonts.

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Montreal Canadiens

Ottawa Senators

Quebec Nordiques

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks (green & blue)*

Vancouver Canucks (black, red, & yellow)*

Winnipeg Jets

*The logo used in the two Canucks sets is a recoloured version of the Christine Heritage Party's logo.

Now it's time for the American teams of the NHL, starting off with the American Original 6 teams.

Boston Bruins

Probablly the most contreversial so far. IMO the template for the Bruins thirds is pretty cool, so I went with that as the template for the home and road set. I decided to go with yellow as the primary home colour seeing as it would make the Bruins unique, yet traditional at the same time. I may go back and change to home to black, relegating the yellow to an alt.

Chicago Blackhawks

This one might upset a few people, seeing as I ditched the red sweater all together. I did so for two reasons:

1) Inconsistant striping with the white jersey.

2) They're the Blackhawks. I know the name has nothing to do with the colour black, but IMO if your name includes a colour, it should be your primary colour.

The road white was left alone.

*I know both jerseys are missing the "C/tomahawks" logo. I ment for them to be there, but i couldn't find a decent image online. As soon as I find one I'll update this set.

~EDIT~ Brought back the red sweater as an alt with a tie-down collar.

~EDIT~ Added "C/tomahawk" logo to all three jerseys.

Detroit Red Wings

First, sorry for "HULL/17" being on the home and road set. I wanted to keep the ached names, and "HULL" was the only version of an arched name I could find. These were all done in MS Paint, and I don't know how to arch straight letters.

Anyway I left the home and road untouched. For an alt I added a semi-throwback jersey. It features the stripes of the Detroit Falcons unis, and the vintage "D" shield of the Detroit Cougers. I was going to use Victoria Cougers logos on the shoulders, but couldn't find a good enough logo. So I used the current Red Wings instead.

New York Rangers

I left the road white alone, but fixed the striping on the home blues to match it. I ditched the Liberty alts, as cool as they may be. When I was 10 we got a sports merchandise catalog that featured NHL jersesys in their team's second colour. One of the pics shown was a red Rangers jersey. I always thought it looked wicked, and I thouhght this would be the perfect excuse to see what one would look like. IMO it looks pretty good. Besides, if the Giants can have a red alt, so can the Rangers B)

That's it for this round. Stay tuned for the Class of '67, including an Oakland Seals bonus.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*I know both jerseys are missing the "C/tomahawks" logo. I ment for them to be there, but i couldn't find a decent image online. As soon as I find one I'll update this set.

Yeah, where in the world can you find a sports logo?

http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=57

^_^

lol, I actually tried that out, but MS Paint's resizing tool sucks. It looked like crap. I'm waiting for a smaller version to come along.

Please refrain from reminding us Rangers fans that Kevin Weekes still has a roster spot on our team, and is actually allowed to start some games. The man is a terrible goalie.

Aside from horrible player choice, everything looks nice. ^_^

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Please refrain from reminding us Rangers fans that Kevin Weekes still has a roster spot on our team, and is actually allowed to start some games. The man is a terrible goalie.

Aside from horrible player choice, everything looks nice. ^_^

I was lazy, and "WEEKS" was easier to make then "LUNDQVIST"

^_^

Thanks for the complemant though.

The first three of the Class of '67

Dallas Stars

I ditched the all star rip-offs they currently use. I went back to the design used up to the 2000 season, IMO their best set. I used the template from the white sweaters of that set and used it for both my home and roads. I keept green as the primary colour, and relegated the gold to the logos. Also, I switched the logos. IMO the Texas/Star logo makes a better primary, seeing as the STARS logo is nothing but a glorified wordmark.

Philadelphia Flyers

Not much of a change here. I ditched the 3-D/orange/silver alts, and brought back the orange sweater as the home. I did standardize the fonts on the name, using the same font for all three jerseys.

St. Louis Blues

I know a lot of people think the Blues are the best dressed NHL team. IMO their current set is nice, but I perfer the throwbacks they sported last year. So I took those throwbacks, and added a modern twist to them, like adding navy. I also decided to use white as the secondary colour on the homes as opposed to yellow. IMO white looked better with the navy note then yellow did.

if you put the royal blue logo on your blues home uni, it would perfect. About the red rangers jersey, would they have red pants and a blue helmet, or red pants and a red helmet, etc. cuz red/red/blue doesn't look so good (see czech republic unis)

Nice work on the '67 teams. Thanks for restoring order to the Flyers' orange sweaters, so they look right.

My only beef is getting rid of the Stars' striping. While it may have been done for an All-Star Game, it's a unique idea that can be properly pulled off by only one team in the NHL, and that's the team that uses it now. A team in the Lone Star State named the Stars should have that star motif incorporated (but you're absolutely right about scrapping their current crest for the Texas patch, nice job). I just picked up a Stars' white jersey with the star at the hem. It looks great. Beyond that, I like all the other concepts.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

BOSTON: I thought my screen was screwed up when I first saw your Bruins concept, but sure enough you went with the alternate template. It looks good but I prefer the actual 67 jersey's over these.

CHICAGO: I'm not happy that you took out the red home jersey, that was one of my favourites. but I'm glad you didn't tinker with the away jersey.

DETROIT: Not a big fan of the alternate, infact I don't think the Red Wings ever need an alt.

NEW YORK: I loved the Liberty's, they were my faves, so I'm a little peeved you got rid of those :P I'm not really diggin' the red as much as you were but we all have our favoutite yet odd jersey's (I loved the Florida Gators' Nike jersey's for some reason)

DALLAS: I love these so much! I'm glad you ditched the All Star rips, and this better represents the "Dallas Stars." This looks old-school in a sort of way too, with two simple jersey's.

PHILADELPHIA: Have always been a fan of the orange home jersey's so that was a good change

ST.LOUIS: I love the current set, but I've loved almost every hockey sweater the blues have ever had, so I like these as well, they don't look half bad with the updated blue.

Great job on all of these, and keep up the great work.

if you put the royal blue logo on your blues home uni, it would perfect. About the red rangers jersey, would they have red pants and a blue helmet, or red pants and a red helmet, etc. cuz red/red/blue doesn't look so good (see czech republic unis)

The red Rangers sweaters would be worn with red pants and a blue helmet. Thanks to evryone who's commented so far.

Pittsburgh Penguins

I decided to go to a template simular to the one used during the team's Stanley Cup years. I contemplated ditching the gold in favor of yellow, but decided to stay with the gold. I didn't want to much of a retro feel. For the alt I used a gold jersey with a template slightly based off of the team's first sweater. So far this is one of my favourites.

Los Angeles Kings

The Kings were a problem. I like the colours, and one of the logos, but i hate their jersey template, and their name/# font, as well as the "LOS ANGELES" across the bottom of the jersey. So I decided to start over with the Kings, using a template simular to the one the team used for most of the 80's. I added some sleave stripes to distance the design from the Flyers. I used teh shield logo in place of the crown logo becaue, IMO, the sheild logo is heads and shoulders above the crown.

I also replaced the Kings current name/# font with the font they used during the silver/black days.

Stay tuned for the last uniform of the '67 class, the bonus Oakland Seals.

Oakland Seals

To finish out the Class of '67 it's the Oakland Seals. Basically I tried out a new template I came up with here. The blue and white stripes are suppose to be simulating waves.

From here on out I'll be proceding through the list of teams I havn't done althabetically.

Love the Seals concept, Icecap, it's perfect!

The kings jersey's are pretty good, and the road white jersey is great but the black line in the home looks out of place because the shoulders and the main jersey parts are the same colour.

I like the Penguins concept as well, bringing back the diagonal "PITTSBURGH" wasn't that bad an idea at all.

Updated two uniforms. I changed the shoulders on the home Kings jersey from purple to black. I also brought back the red Blackhawks jersey as an alt with a tie-down collar.

Stay tuned for the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Sorry, but I have to disagree to the Kings' change. I honestly don't see a flaw in their look, just because it's so unique in the league. I just don't see what you made as an improvement.

VmWIn6B.png

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

I went with the template of the alt for this set. I did ditch the "MD" logo, as well as all traces of the duck-mask logo. IMO the "ANAHEIM" logo is more professional in design as opposed to the duck-mask logo. I eleminated the black from the scheme, and used egg plant as the primary colour for the home sweater.

Stay tuned for the Atlanta Thrashers and Buffalo Sabers.

Archived