Icecap's NHL re-design-Complete Edition

IceCap

Great job man. They all look excellent. If I could suggest one thing, could you maybe make a Coyotes uni that uses the alternate "PHX" logo in the outline of the state as a main logo. I have always wondered how they would look, and would love to see them done. Thanks in advance if you get around to it, and if not I completely understand.

The logo I am talking about.

PHX_168.gif

PopHeading-1.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icecap, that Devils alt is so great! That jersey is definately the best out of the three on the Devils side of things, the jersey is simple (not stripes, or crazy designs) but it is very modern looking good job!

And the Islanders crest is awesome, I also think it is an improvement over their current crest/primary logo.

This was a great set.

Pittsburgh Penguins

I decided to go to a template simular to the one used during the team's Stanley Cup years. I contemplated ditching the gold in favor of yellow, but decided to stay with the gold. I didn't want to much of a retro feel. For the alt I used a gold jersey with a template slightly based off of the team's first sweater. So far this is one of my favourites.

Great conept, except the gold you used is a little off, anways, its a good concept and i think crosby wouldve been a better choice, but thats just me.

oBIgzrL.png

Pittsburgh Penguins

I decided to go to a template simular to the one used during the team's Stanley Cup years. I contemplated ditching the gold in favor of yellow, but decided to stay with the gold. I didn't want to much of a retro feel. For the alt I used a gold jersey with a template slightly based off of the team's first sweater. So far this is one of my favourites.

Great conept, except the gold you used is a little off, anways, its a good concept and i think crosby wouldve been a better choice, but thats just me.

he couldn't use crosby because crosby isn't a goalie. icecap only used goalie names, except for buffalo I think

Pittsburgh Penguins

he couldn't use crosby because crosby isn't a goalie. icecap only used goalie names, except for buffalo I think

Yep, pretty much. I try to use goalies for two reasons: I am one ^_^ , and with a goalie I don't have to worry about a captain's "C" or alternate "A." I tend not to like those on my concepts because, for lack of a better term, I want them to seem "pure." By avoiding C's and A's the true nature of the concept shows, if that makes any sence. Of course the best way to avoid a C or A is to use a goalie, since they can't be captains or assistants.

There are exceptions, but those are due to practicality, mostly. For my Flames set I had to use Iginla, seeing as that was the only name in the Flames' font that I could find. Same for Hull on the home and road in the Red Wings set. For Quebec I used Sakic simply because RC had a Sakic nameplate made up, and I was feeling lazy.

Buffalo was a unique story. That was my very first attempt at a uniform concept. RC's sight was my main recource at the time, and all of his Buffalo concepts use "RAY" #32. At the time I only wanted to do the front of the jerseys, so I only needed sleave numbers. I used the 32 RC was using, and recolured them to fit my concept. Fast forward to now. I decide I'm going to add the backs to these sets. At first I was going to use RC's recource page to get "MILLER" # 30 in Buffalo's font. However RC's Buffalo numbers page dosn't include sleave numbers, so I was stuck with #32. I decided to keep it, and seeing as Ray was no longer with the team, just put "BUFFALO" as the name.

As for the Pens gold, it looks fine on my computer, but when I viewed it at my freind's this afternoon it looked like it had a greenish tint. Guess it all depends what your monitor settings are.

Great job man. They all look excellent. If I could suggest one thing, could you maybe make a Coyotes uni that uses the alternate "PHX" logo in the outline of the state as a main logo. I have always wondered how they would look, and would love to see them done. Thanks in advance if you get around to it, and if not I completely understand.

I do like the Coyotes alternate logo, but it's does not represent the Coyotes overall. There is no coyote in it. I think it would look sweet on an alternate jersey, but not as a full time logo.

Phoenix Coyotes

IMO the Coyotes made the right move by ditching those minor leauge unis for the current set.Now they look like pro hockey team. The home and roads are brilliant: simple, but not boring. The logo is a great update of the privious mess they called a logo. I keept the home and roads almost untouched. I did change two things:

1) I added the "PHX" logo to the other shoulder.

2) I used the collar the road whites use on both jerseys, as well as the alt I came up with.

For the alt I decided on going the black route. I used the "PHX" logo as the primary. Intresting fact about my alt concept. No white is used, outside the tags. The numbers, name, RBK logo, and the stripes bordering the red stripe are all tan (or cream, whatever they use).

can't say I like the alt. it needs more red. you should think reversing the stripes so the thin stripe is tan and the thick stripes are red.

I tried that, the red dosn't show up as well, seeing as it's a dark colour bordering black.

San Jose Sharks

The idea for this set came from a simular conceot done a while ago. Basically I used the template of the Islanders alt. IMO the the spikes of the template complament the logo very well.

The next batch will finish this all off with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Washington Capitals, and a bonus, the Hartford Whalers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, here's the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Tampa Bay Lightning

The Lightning have potential to have great uniforms, but they fall short. First off, the logo is a mess. The circle that encompasses the bolt just stops at the top. It also looks like the two different wordmarks were just slapped on there at the last second. I ditched this logo, and used their far supperior "bolt/Florida" logo as the primary. I used a simple "TBL" logo for the alt. The template was left unchanged. The Blue and black were switched on the home uniform, and the shoulder yoke switched from white to black. The black stripes and yokes were oultlined in silver, and the blue was changed to a lighter shade, to make the black pop even more, as well as to keep it from looking like a LA Kings concept.

These are looking great. Can't wait to see my Caps IceCapped.

Ask and you shall recieve ^_^

Washington Capitals

I basically blew this one up and started from scratch. The only thing that I keept from their current identity was the eagle logo. The red, white, and blue scheme was brought back, replacing the black, copper, and blue scheme. As nice as that scheme may be, if you're a team playing in Washington DC, named the Capitals, your colours should be red, white, and blue. I did add a second, lighter blue to make Washington stand out from the other RWB teams.

Bonus Hartford Whalers concept up next to finish this project off.

Finally, to finish off my NHL Redesign Project, I bring you one more bonus concept, the team with the Brass Bonanza, the fog horn....the Hartford Whalers!

Hartford Whalers

The template used is a modified version of Ireland's hockey template.

Finally, that finishes off the NHL, plus four bonus teams, not to mention one team got to sets (Vancouver). I apologize to anyone who was following this for the deleays near the end. At some point I just ran out of ideas, and I needed a brake to get my creative juices flowing.

I had a lot of fun doing this, it was a great experience, and I just want to thank everyone who commented and gave good, solid C&C. Thanks everyone.

Love the Lightning concept, the blue jersey is a big improvement over the black jersey they have right now which looks like it was stuck in the 90s.

As for the Captials concept, it's alright but I've seen better from you. I'm not crazy about the colours you have chosen with this template. And the logo is a downgrade.

Overall, quite the project you finished. These were really good concepts and I enjoyed looking at the ideas you came up with for all the NHL teams.

Archived