Honk! New logos from Rochester

DrBear

rochester_honkers.jpg

rochester_honkers_2.jpg

From Ballpark Digest.com:

The Rochester (MINN) Honkers (summer collegiate; Northwoods League) unveiled two new logo designs for the 2006 season and beyond. The concept was a culmination of months of cooperation between the Honkers front office and Corporate Web Services (CWS) of Rochester.

"We felt the timing was right to update our existing logo, while still maintaining its strong tradition," said Rochester Honkers General Manager /Co-Owner Dan Litzinger. "The original logo is not gone but will always be an original cornerstone of the organization."

The designer of the new logos is Lyle Mullican, graphics designer and web developer for CWS. Mullican , the winner of the 2005 Rochesterfest button design contest, has developed numerous prominent area web sites and also creates fine art with work shown at the Gilded Star Art Gallery in Rochester.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Honkers are geese? When I think "honkers", I think of these guys first:

honkers.jpg

That said, I give this a solid "meh". About as good as a summer college baseball league can get.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The cap logo is fantastic.

And Honkers isn't that uncommon a nickname for teams, usually high schools, along the central flyway.

But it can be a little embarassing of a nickname for a girls/women's team. Not as bad as Beavers, but still ...

Archived