Matt Leinart

BaltimoreFan

I think Matt Leinart will be a good quarterback, just not a stud. I'm thinking maybe Matt Hasselbeck level. Now would I want him? Sure depending on who else was available. Being in South Florida, I have a feeling this might happen... Vince Young's entry into the draft pushes some players down opening up the availability of Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler to the Miami Dolphins. At 6'4" 225 lbs I think hes' exactly what Miami needs. ^_^

I've heard rumors that the Dolphins are very high on Brady Quinn and may possibly be holding out for next year when he enters the draft. I don't know how well that would work out but i've heard it thrown out there.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Will he turn around the Saints in 1 season? Heck no. But how long did it take most young QBs do even make the playoffs?

McNabb: 3 seasons, plus he didn't play for a few games his first year behind the immortal Doug Pederson.

Eli: 2 seasons.

Palmer: 3 seasons.

Troy Aikman's 1st season, he was 1-15. Vinny Testaverde suffered through years in Tampa Bay.

He's not going to walk into a situation like Roethlisberger or Brady did, where decent teams were already in place, and he would just have to do his job and not screw it up. You won't be able to judge him for 3 years, and that's hoping the Saints have the sense to build a team around him, which can't be said of what the Texans did for David Carr. A decent RB and no O-line protection is not enough for some people not to label David Carr a "flop". He's not the problem. Leinart could be in for the same ordeal.

McNabb took the Eagles to the playoffs in his 2nd season (1st as full-time starter.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

McNabb took the Eagles to the playoffs in his 2nd season (1st as full-time starter.)

You're right. I added a season in there by mistake (I think I carried the 2). My bad.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I've heard rumors that the Dolphins are very high on Brady Quinn and may possibly be holding out for next year when he enters the draft. I don't know how well that would work out but i've heard it thrown out there.

Brady Quinn is very likely the first overall pick in next year's draft, if he performs as expected (very big if)

So, by this logic, the Dolphins plan to tank the whole next season just to get to Quinn?

Unlikely.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

QBs are judged by two things.  W's and Ls.  Not Heisman's, Ws and Ls.

Two national titles is two more than 99.9% of all college QBs every get.  He came thiiiiiiiiiiis close to three.

2 National Titles is more than Leinart got. He got at best 1.5, after all I remember seeing LSU winning the 2003 BCS Championship....

Will he turn around the Saints in 1 season? Heck no. But how long did it take most young QBs do even make the playoffs?

McNabb: 3 seasons, plus he didn't play for a few games his first year behind the immortal Doug Pederson.

Eli: 2 seasons.

Palmer: 3 seasons.

Kyle Orton: 1 season

:D

Archived