Leafs/Coyotes Jan 14 2006

CC97

Well I actually got to go to a Leafs game last night, first time in almost six years, so i brought along the camera and decided to see what i could do from 'standing room only' and a 10x optical zoom lens.

Toronto Maple Leafs bench:

bench-leafs.jpg

Phoenix Coyotes bench:

bench-coyotes.jpg

Wayne Gretzky flipping out:

coach-gretzky.jpg

Faceoff in the Coyotes end:

game-faceoff.jpg

Leafs score.........:

game-leafsscore.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

View without the zoom, it was centre ice so not bad at all:

game-nozoom.jpg

Wayne's dad, Walter, in the stands:

stands-walter.jpg

Game over, Phoenix wins, blah...

game-coyoteswin.jpg

Former leafs goalie Glen Healy doing a tv broadcast:

stands-healy.jpg

Yours truly!:

stands-chris.jpg

In the end it was a pretty crummy game, the first period was pretty fun but after that it was boring -- kinda like the old NHL style of play. Coyotes win 4-3 coming back from being down 3-0 after the first.

Hopefully I can make it back sooner than 2012.

---

Chris Creamer

good pictures, i like how you are sooo high up in the stadium when you took the pictures....but why were some of them pretty fuzzy??

Digital zoom my friend, and the lack of flash going that far of a distance. I like the pics man, I'll post mine when I go to watch my Petes whoop your Gens in 2 weeks. Downie will be back and lookin for a fight!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

good pictures, i like how you are sooo high up in the stadium when you took the pictures....but why were some of them pretty fuzzy??

Digital zoom my friend, and the lack of flash going that far of a distance. I like the pics man, I'll post mine when I go to watch my Petes whoop your Gens in 2 weeks. Downie will be back and lookin for a fight!!

I dont think it's much of an accomplishment to beat the Gens, so might as well stop the bragging now :P

The Gretz pic was fuzzy cause I used the digi zoom, the Walter pic is fuzzy because the crowd was considerably darker than the ice surface so the shutter speed was lowered... and as Neon said, flash is useless at that distance.

Kinda neat that the front page of the Toronto Star Sports section was almost identical to my Gretzky pic... good timing :)

---

Chris Creamer

I dont think it's much of an accomplishment to beat the Gens, so might as well stop the bragging now :P

The Gretz pic was fuzzy cause I used the digi zoom, the Walter pic is fuzzy because the crowd was considerably darker than the ice surface so the shutter speed was lowered... and as Neon said, flash is useless at that distance.

Kinda neat that the front page of the Toronto Star Sports section was almost identical to my Gretzky pic... good timing :)

Yeah, what CHris said...The Generals aren't what you would call a 'decent' team this season. But then again, it is the Petes, so you gottta come with guns blazin.

Good seats boss, you had one period of good Leafs fan hockey at least. Now you know what we got at Summerslam.

Hey, I took those pics for your eyes only  :P

Well i saved some for myself because the site only let me post a certain number :P

Anybody else feel a little bit like a voyeur 'bout now? :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You're looking a little scruffy there, Chris. Might be a time for a visit from Mr. Scissors and his brother Mr. Razor.

:P

It's amazing that cap stays on... I got quite the jew-fro goin

If you wanna see a REAL jew fro (from a jew...well...half...but full, cuz my moms jewish), this is what I had going on half way through the summer...

WTF.jpg

Yah thats right, in the little poorly done thought bubble! Now thats a jew fro if there ever was one...just havin hair stickin out of your hat ain't enough to justify a jew fro...pffft, take a lesson from me, the master of thee fro!

NOTE: The 12 canadian team jersey coke cans from their hockey promotion 4 years ago, along with the pepsi cans from 2 years ago. Also, note the obsessive Bond DVD collection up there, with some McFarlane figures to boot.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Is the ACC as nice as everybody says, or is it just another case of the Canadian hockey press' bias?

From the look of that picture of you, the upper deck doesn't look that high. At least the place has good sightlines, if nothing else.

So I guess what they say about Peterborough is true...

Anyways, I don't know what they say about the ACC but I love it, lots of room, and excellent sightlines, i had the furthest possible seat in the arena (standing room) and I had an amazing view.

---

Chris Creamer

Anyways, I don't know what they say about the ACC but I love it, lots of room, and excellent sightlines, i had the furthest possible seat in the arena (standing room) and I had an amazing view.

Either the Hockey News or one of the Toronto dailies named it the best arena in the NHL. It does look pretty sweet, especially compared to my cavernous United Center.

Gotta get to a game at the ACC, and soon.

What do they say about Peterborough Chris, enlighten us...

I have only been to the ACC a few times (mostly free Craps games in the lower bowl about 10 seats up from court side...) but the one Leafs game I went to, I was in the middle of the upper bowl, and my view was pretty damn good. I love the ACC, it looks nice on the outside, and its even more amazing on the inside. Very spacous, and just...clean...unlike its dirty brother the Rogers Centre...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived