Sign in to follow this  
Brass

Berard Busted

Somewhere right now, Dick Pound is smiling.

First of all, if that isn't the funniest name I've ever seen in my life, then I don't know what is.

Also, he should receive some sort of punishment for using steroids. Too bad that according to that report, the NHL does nothing about it. I think this might've opened a can of worms.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought. Also interesting that the NHL isn't suspending him, only the IOC is.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought. Also interesting that the NHL isn't suspending him, only the IOC is.

Which doesn't really mean anything since he didn't get on the Olympic team. Slap on the wrist if anything.

Well the NHL oughta suspend him what was the agreement 20 games? I say it shoudl be more like 30 first offense and Berard should sit now.

Which doesn't really mean anything since he didn't get on the Olympic team. Slap on the wrist if anything.

Not only a slap on the wrist, but he can't compete internationally for the next two years.

As far as NHL punishment goes, I think they haven't announced anything yet because the test hasn't been performed by the NHL, but by the IOC. There migh (and should) be some sanctions coming from the NHL though.

Right where I'm sitting, a 30-year old man is giggling like a schoolboy at the appearance of the name "Dick Pound". Hopefully, Dick Button can make a cameo as well. *crosses fingers*

Not only a slap on the wrist, but he can't compete internationally for the next two years.

As far as NHL punishment goes, I think they haven't announced anything yet because the test hasn't been performed by the NHL, but by the IOC. There migh (and should) be some sanctions coming from the NHL though.

The NHL apparently can't discipline him, based on the CBA.

But it could "randomly" select him.

If Pound is smiling, he shouldn't be-the only positive test was Berard's out of about a 100 NHL players tested.

1% positive results does not vindicate Pound's comments.

Well the NHL oughta suspend him what was the agreement 20 games? I say it shoudl be more like 30 first offense and Berard should sit now.

I saw an article somewhere that stated,that hes passed 2 tests since which were administered by the NHL and someone else whom i cant recall,which is why he has not been disciplined by the league

CMIIW...Berard can't be suspended, because this was not an NHL administered test. The test pertained to International competitions only, and he's already been punished. Kinda case closed, right?

Edited by gregjigga5

I dont know feels like hes getting away with it to me hes playing in the NHL today I hope he gets booed everywhere he goes

Right where I'm sitting, a 30-year old man is giggling like a schoolboy at the appearance of the name "Dick Pound". Hopefully, Dick Button can make a cameo as well. *crosses fingers*

I'm not 30 but I know I was laughing when I saw that name.