Cuba WBC Bid OK'd

amare32

It's about time we pulled our heads out and let them play. That was embarassing and made us look bad.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It's about time, now I dont want to get into politics but it would've been pretty hypocritical if China was allowed in and not Cuba.

It'd also be hypocritical, seeing how the Orioles were allowed to play an exhibition series with the Cubans a few years ago, how the Cubans came to the Olympics in Atlanta ('96), and how the Cuban soccer teams have played friendlies and tournaments with us. It was just some grandstanding to take a swipe at the one country on our :censored: list we hadn't agitated in a while.

Where have you gone, Elian Gonzalez?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Bring on the Cubans! Now we can prove to the world how good those "Amateur" players of theres really are! I look foreward to seeing them be (hopefully) embarrassed by our great Professionals and prove to the world that Cuba's success has only because they have played college players and minor leaguers!

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Okay, add Fidel Castro to the 2006 Dead Pool.

He's a goner after Cuba gets embarrased at the WBC AND half of the team defects. Who's scared now, bitch!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Perfect! Although I'm an Anticommunist, baseball is a sport, not a politics' matter. Let's play Cubans!!!

Now WBC will be a surely entertaining baseball show.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived