letsgomets1212

I have made several wallpapers that I hope you enjoy:

First, for the Conference Championships this Sunday:

conference1024x7680jl.th.jpg conference1280x8003em.th.jpg

Second, for the recent end to Peyton Super Bowl Hopes, again:

pmanning1024x7687hg.th.jpg pmanning1280x8007qh.th.jpg

And last, continuing the debate over Peyton Manning and Tom Brady:

tbradypmanning1024x7681mx.th.jpg tbradypmanning1280x8004wx.th.jpg

If anyone would like any different sizes for any of them, just ask.

-LGM1212

I'll take Peyton Manning on my team 6 out of 7 days of the week. It's not his fault the Colts lost that game. His offensive line couldn't keep Pittsburgh out of his backfield. Any other quarterback wouldn't have put up any points, let alone put his team in a position to tie or win the game. Tom Brady's been blessed with a good offensive line his whole career. Makes the job pretty easy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Fair point. This was not meant to start a debate, just show my wallpapers, but I would prefer Peyton Manning on the regular season and Tom Brady in the playoffs. The Colts offensive line was bad against the Steelers, but what is his excuse for the other 5 playoffs loses. NE's offensive line is good, but there not the only reason Brady is 10-1 in the playoffs.

I'll take Peyton Manning on my team 6 out of 7 days of the week. It's not his fault the Colts lost that game. His offensive line couldn't keep Pittsburgh out of his backfield. Any other quarterback wouldn't have put up any points, let alone put his team in a position to tie or win the game. Tom Brady's been blessed with a good offensive line his whole career. Makes the job pretty easy.

Exactly. Manning might have started out slow, but the rest of the team wasn't much help either. The line had major holes in it. For some reason, the linemen were jumping at home (something that really doesn't happen much in Indy). While his early passes were overthrown, it's not like he had much of a chance of completing them anyway: the Steelers' defensive backs were keeping the Colts recievers from getting open. When he finally did start making accurate throws, they couldn't always come down with them (Reggie Wayne's falling bobble in the endzone brought back memories of another very upsetting Steelers Colts playoff game). In hindsight, there are so many things that should have been done different. The starters shouldn't have had essentially a whole month of rest...they didn't shake the rust off until the second half. The offense should have tried to adjusted to the defense rather than employing the "it's worked before, it will work again" mentality. The Colts should have dropped the stretch play from their playbook all together (c'mon...it hasn't worked all year). And the Colts never should have let it come down to a 45+ yard field goal. Sure, I'm a little biased, but I'd want Manning on my team over Brady any day.

i have the perfect to make everyone happy

instead of having a Brady/Manning wallpaper, why not this:

Who would you rather have on your team?

A future hall of famer - Adam Vinatieri

or

An idiot drunken kicker - Mike Vanderjagt

I am sure you would make both the Pats and Colts okay with that instead of the current wallpaper :P

i have the perfect to make everyone happy

instead of having a Brady/Manning wallpaper, why not this:

Who would you rather have on your team?

or

I am sure you would make both the Pats and Colts okay with that instead of the current wallpaper :P

Nah....Vandy will be a hall of famer too. I hate the guy (not for his miss, but rather for his comments a few years back), but it's not his fault we lost. The offense should have left him in better position for that kick. I mean, come on...there was more than enough time to run the ball forward or throw a couple short passes on the last couple of plays and set him up for like a 38-40 yarder rather than a 46 yarder.

I'll tell you who I'd rather have (and he's not a Pat):

Troy Polamalu over just about every Colt.

You can have him.

Isn't part of the reason the O-line couldn't protect Precious Peyton is because he's calling their line protection schemes? They're doing what he tells them to do. If Dick Lebeau is outsmarting him on most snaps, he should either stop the manic nonsense he pulls at the line, changing the play over and over and wasting the play clock. The Steelers disguised their blitzes perfectly and Manning kept guessing wrong. To make matters worse, after making several bad line calls, he torched the O-line in the post-game.

I'll take Brady. He wins titles. His stats aren't chopped liver, either. But he wins. He wouldn't let a Top 10 RB like Edgerrin James rot in the backfield in crucial spots, he wouldn't screw over his lineman, and he'd win. And Logan Mankins and Russ Hochstein aren't exactly the next Anthony Munoz and Dwight Stephenson - they're good but not the best O-line. Not like a KC or even Seattle.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is what I think:

At the end of the day, the stats don't matter. Touchdowns, passing yards, all the QB stats mean nothing. The only number that matters is winning percentage. Do you want a quarterback to throw 49 touchdowns in one season, or a QB who will win you 3 Super Bowls in 5 years?

Here is Tom Brady's Career Records #'s:

Regular Season: 58-20 (.744)

Overtime Games: 7-0 (1.000)

Post-Season: 10-1 (.911)

Super Bowls: 3-0 (1.000)

Overall: 68-21 (.768)

And one more argument: Peyton Manning threw 49 TD's last year. That was amazing. However, who won the Super Bowl? Tom Brady. I said it once and I'll say it again: The only quarterbck number that matters is Win Percentage.

or

I dunno I may have to go with the idiot kicker here.

I remember a certain someone missing a kick or two in a Super Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll take Peyton Manning on my team 6 out of 7 days of the week.

Great. I'll take Brady on Sundays and you can have Manning Monday-Saturday. Good luck.

:D LMAO, That was hilarious

btw, just curious, does anyone like any of the wallpapers?

I like the first two. But the Manning ones are pretty poorly executed. It just doesn't seem very desktop friendly with the big, bold text, the poor quality picture, etc. All biases asied, it's not a desktop that I'd use. However, the first two look much better. Still something I wouldn't use (just too bold for me...I want something that isn't goinig to be distracting when I'm looking for a file or folder on my desk), but much better execution.

I was having a tough time finding HQ pictures that I wanted, plus those two wallpapers were just for fun. The Conference I put a lot more work into. After tomorrows game I'll post one I've been working on for the Super Bowl. If you know a website with HQ football photos, please let me know.

Archived