Big East Tournament Logos

ZBoyer

Were this an actual banner, and were it pulled taut and the wrinkles were eliminated, it would look completely ridiculous. The red border most of the time, a shadow some of the time, is contoured to the letters some of the time. Also, the banner would have a huge chunk taken out of the bottom around where the "2006 CHAMPIONSHIP" lettering was placed.

All in all, a neat idea horribly executed.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Were this an actual banner, and were it pulled taut and the wrinkles were eliminated, it would look completely ridiculous.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the men's or the women's here, but if you did this in the women's logo, it would look like "20..........................................06."

Very sloppy and uninspired... yet MUCH better than last year's ACC tournament logo.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

I've always thought the Big East should have bought its own floor to use at MSG for the tournament. In the past, at least the conference logo was in colors that didn't clash with the blue and orange of the Knicks' floor.

This new one -- definite clash.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Ok, 2 things:

1) It's NOT a real banner, so let it go with the "if you pull it tight" stuff. Though, I will say that it does bother me that the center of the banner cuts up funny around the "2006 Championship" copy.

2) No one has yet commented on the fact that the red type on blue banner makes my eyes want to explode. Talk about hard to read!

It's NOT a real banner, so let it go with the "if you pull it tight" stuff. Though, I will say that it does bother me that the center of the banner cuts up funny around the "2006 Championship" copy.

Whether it's a real banner or not, that is what the design is based on. As such, that's how the mind sees it... so the mind interprets the design as physically impossible or at least inaccurate. A graphic depiction of a tangible object should look like the tangible object, and this one would look horrible if someone made it. The second half of your first comment bears out my point exactly, so you more or less agree with the very point you want let go. :wacko: ...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

my biggest problem is....that the tourney is sponsored by aeropostale. logos look decent, but the thing about the banner being real and streteched out also bothered me, especially in the womens one where it happens twice.

Archived