Aussie basketball logos

Slater

The Taipans logo was voted the best in an old basketball mag in 1998, one year before they came into the comp, i dont mind the 36ers logo

edit: whilst the Bullets logo is there, they now wear Black, white and blue at home and white, yellow &blue for away....and for a team that once had a great uniform, they have gone backwards

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I must say, that Kings logo blows cheese. I know that it's supposed to be the Opera House, but it really looks like there was no oversight when it was created. Does the NBL have to approve these logos?

not sure, i tihnk it is upto the clubs, many of those teams never change there logos, from memory, the Wildcats changed in like 2001 or 02, and te Tigers once changed a few colours around.....other than that, they don't cahnge them, the secondary and/or tertiary logos usually incorporate a sponsor

Wow--4 out of 11 do NOT have a basketball in them--I am impressed--although I don't especially like the Pirates or Razorback's logo.

The Wildcats one is okay--the colours and implied motion work for me.

The Hawks looks a little parrot-esque--but otherwise strong.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I must say, that Kings logo blows cheese. I know that it's supposed to be the Opera House, but it really looks like there was no oversight when it was created. Does the NBL have to approve these logos?

The NBL struggles to get any attention at all these days...the logos are rarely seen.

I must say, that Kings logo blows cheese.Ā  I know that it's supposed to be the Opera House, but it really looks like there was no oversight when it was created.Ā  Does the NBL have to approve these logos?

The NBL struggles to get any attention at all these days...the logos are rarely seen.

Because it's a girl's sport played by men.

Waste of some really nice logos.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Is that because the Opals are more successful than the Boomers? That is the reason for that perception of soccer among many American sports fans.

nah its because proffessional basketball it bloody boring....kids basketball is fun to watch because there is no game plan as such, and alos Basketball in this country is passed its prime.

Is that because the Opals are more successful than the Boomers? That is the reason for that perception of soccer among many American sports fans.

Basketball is what kids play if they're no good at football.

It's a non contact game played by blokes who talk up how tough they are.

It's netball without the bibs.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

back on topic of the logos, it's too bad the nbl lacks popularity as it is difficult to find high quality logos for all the team, thus i've had to end up making a few vector logos in illustrator, but most of them are nice logos, bullets fluctuate too much using different logos every year, basically they chnage colourways for the same design and then chnage the jersey wordmark/script logo. Kings is too cliche, all things to do with sydney have the shape of the opera house "wings" i guess they could be called, they could have gone original as they are i think the newest sport team to come to sydney but they didnt, meh. Breakers logo is boring as :censored:, Wildcats is the best, ;) but not too bad for a league with such low popularity. everybody plays basketball when they are young but only the good ones play through, also everybody plays footy and the fat ones stop, everybody else keeps playing because of the post match beers conference. :D

Bullets also only use the black jerseys as the alternate colour for no reason but they've only worn it 3 times i believe, this season so i wouldn't say it is their primary colour for thir jerseys.

back on topic of the logos, it's too bad the nbl lacks popularity as it is difficult to find high quality logos for all the team, thus i've had to end up making a few vector logos in illustrator, but most of them are nice logos, bullets fluctuate too much using different logos every year, basically they chnage colourways for the same design and then chnage the jersey wordmark/script logo. Kings is too cliche, all things to do with sydney have the shape of the opera house "wings" i guess they could be called, they could have gone original as they are i think the newest sport team to come to sydney but they didnt, meh. Breakers logo is boring asĀ  :censored:, Wildcats is the best, ;) but not too bad for a league with such low popularity. everybody plays basketball when they are young but only the good ones play through, also everybody plays footy and the fat ones stop, everybody else keeps playing because of the post match beers conference. :D

Bullets also only use the black jerseys as the alternate colour for no reason but they've only worn it 3 times i believe, this season so i wouldn't say it is their primary colour for thir jerseys.

I'd put the Taipans and Razorbacks in front of the Wildcats logos.

I like the Hawks too, as much for the Hawk as the fact that it doesn't include a superfluous basketball. (Kings, Breakers)

And yes, the Breakers are obviously well behind everyone else.

It's like they came up with a name but didn't know what a Breaker actually was.

As for everyone playing basketball?

I know plenty of people in various walks of life.

And I know 1 guy who is past 30 and plays basketball.

I know 4 kids who play basketball.

Total.

I probably shouldn't have disrespected the sport in this thread, and kept it to logos.

But it's just so bloody boring at any level. NBA, NBL or kids.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• LMU locked this topic

Archived