Kentucky Derby gets a corporate sponser

Saint Zephyr III

I figure this would be worth a mention. Apparently, the Kentucky Derby has just received its first true corporate sponsor. The sponsor at hand is Yum Brands, Inc., the mega-company that owns KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.

Now don't worry, it will NOT be called the Yum Brands Derby, but instead will take the sponsoring tactic of the Rose Bowl, being for the next five years "The Kentucky Derby, presented by Yum Brands, Inc.".

Discuss.

GR30a5H.png

KFC + Taco Bell + Pizza Hut = YUM BRANDS?!?!

:blink: ?

Such a playfully innocent name for a country that is responsible for increasing hundreds of millions of American waistlines daily with their "food". I guess it's better than "Merchants of Obesity-Fueled Death and Crap Foods, Inc."

Even stranger, the name of the company is considerably less recognizable than any of their major chains. It's not even close.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

KFC + Taco Bell + Pizza Hut = YUM BRANDS?!?!

:blink: ?

Such a playfully innocent name for a country that is responsible for increasing hundreds of millions of American waistlines daily with their "food". I guess it's better than "Merchants of Obesity-Fueled Death and Crap Foods, Inc."

Even stranger, the name of the company is considerably less recognizable than any of their major chains. It's not even close.

If you think that name's not recognizable with its brands, consider its previous name: Tricon Global Restaurants.

nav-logo.png

First of all this is good. KFC(or PFK for you French Canadiens), Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut as well as Long John Silvers, and A&W All American Food are a part of Yum Brands, which is based out of Louisville, the home of the derby. Its almost more of a local sponser in some weird way. I just dont want a taco or slice of pizza or a bucket of chicken, or a fish sandwich or a draft rootbeer with my mint julep.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived