Blue Jackets alt concept

B-mer

It's quite rare that a concept on here that, really, is exceptionally simple and quickly made grabs my attention like this. It's nice. I think it's better than their current primary home/away, and miles better than the alt. I wouldn't mind seeing the stars kept on the cuffs, but otherwise, it's a solid, classy design.

There is one problem with it, though...

THE JACKETS' NUMBER FONT IS HORRIBLE. :cursing:

That's not your fault, of course, it's theirs. Bleh. I like the Patroit-esque name font, but can't stand the numbers. A better set of numbers to tie it all together, and it's golden.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i agree with you completely! i sat for a few minutes debating whether to put the stars on the cuffs or not. i decided not to, to separate it from the home/away, and not to go overboard with stars (since there's a giant one on the chest).

i dont really like their numbers or letters either. i think they'd look good with PHX's set, just add some trim to them so they arent one solid color

and thanks for the ultra-kind words

Oh, there is another thing I noticed. On the socks, the red and white are separated, while on the jersey, those colours are next to each other. They might look better separated all around, but either way, it's good to be consistent.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh, there is another thing I noticed.  On the socks, the red and white are separated, while on the jersey, those colours are next to each other.  They might look better separated all around, but either way, it's good to be consistent.

haha. i thought about that too. but i kept it consistant with the way they have it now. cuz on their darks it isnt consistant between socks and jersey, and i kind of like that. but if anything i'd just put them together on the sock rather than change the jersey

Great. Looks much better than their current alt. I actually like the Jackets' number font. Although Copperplate is overused, it looks pretty decent on the jerseys. It might be interesting to see a red version of this jersey.

Yeah, I struggled with the idea of a red jersey. I'm currently working on a Blue Jackets complete reconcepting and overhaul of not only the jersey but the logo (at least the primary, too). I don't like the CBJ amalgamation at all. But, anyway, I thought long and hard about it and told myself that no matter how good it looks, no red alternate. It looks great, but it's completely contradictory to the concept behind the name "blue jacket." It's like the Yankees wearing a Confederate flag patch.

Yeah, I struggled with the idea of a red jersey. I'm currently working on a Blue Jackets complete reconcepting and overhaul of not only the jersey but the logo (at least the primary, too). I don't like the CBJ amalgamation at all. But, anyway, I thought long and hard about it and told myself that no matter how good it looks, no red alternate. It looks great, but it's completely contradictory to the concept behind the name "blue jacket." It's like the Yankees wearing a Confederate flag patch.

lol. exactly

There is one problem with it, though...

THE JACKETS' NUMBER FONT IS HORRIBLE. :cursing:

That's not your fault, of course, it's theirs. Bleh. I like the Patroit-esque name font, but can't stand the numbers. A better set of numbers to tie it all together, and it's golden.

Ack! Beg to differ.

The lettering font vaguely looks like the Patriots, but the lowercase "n" as a capital is wretched. Same for the "m". They should be so fortuante as to use the Patriots' font, which would be an upgrade - and I don't even like that all that much.

When the best young talent on your team's name begins with one of the offending letters, and you see the sweater everywhere, it looks ridiculous.

Seriously... nASH? What is that?

Copperplate looks less crappy when compared to that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Hey, i gotta say i like the jerseys. Those 3 are pretty sharp looking. I thought the blue one was bland to begin with, but when its in a set with the white and red I really like it. I like the idea of a red jersey for them too, i know its the BLUE jackets, but the their ECHL team the Dayton Bombers has a really slick looking red 3rd jersey using the Jackets home/away template.

And just wondering whats up with all the Blue Jackets concepts in the last 24 hours or so? I haven't seen any in ages, and then boom, two in 1 day, plus I've been tinkering around with their current set and playing with alts over the week, but homework got in the way, so i should get them done over the weekend.

SEAsig.png

haha. well, after i saw the last post for a blue jackets alt, this one just came to me. i did one a long time ago, but never posted it, and then today that one popped into my head and i had to do it. their current alt is cool and all, but it's still a little weird.

what do you guys think of the rangers-esque one?

Archived