Requests board

STL FANATIC

I've had a minor discussion with CC about the idea of a requests board. This was not my original idea, but I like the thought of it. CC mentioned he'd do it if the community here was behind it, and suggested a start a thread about it. I realize I could have added on to one of the request threads, but this is easier.

This requests board would be where members, new and old, could go and ask for work they would like to see done for them. Probably the majority would be for fantasy teams of the member. Some might be just for fun, and some might even be for a reward (though if it is a legit award, I have no problem with it on the main board). It seems to me and others that requests are cluttering this board, and this way people wanting work done could post there, and artists wanting to maybe do some could read and comply. I didn't like the concepts board at all, and I had to get used to the general discussion board, but I like the thought of a requests board.

What do you guys think of this idea.

A go or no go?

I like the idea. However, I don't want it to be setup where new people come in and demand someone make a logo for them. I enjoy creating logos, but nt when someone just jumps in and says make me this design, and have it done by Friday. If someone submits a drawing they've done, at least it shows they've put forth some effort, and just want someone to help them, not do it all for them.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I like the idea. However, I don't want it to be setup where new people come in and demand someone make a logo for them. I enjoy creating logos, but nt when someone just jumps in and says make me this design, and have it done by Friday. If someone submits a drawing they've done, at least it shows they've put forth some effort, and just want someone to help them, not do it all for them.

As far as I'm concerned, they can post what they want. It won't be cluttering this board, and we artists have no obligation to fulfil any certain request.

I think it's a good idea, too, but with a reservation or two.

There should be a "T-faq" stickie at the top explaining that those requesting uniforms and logos understand their requests may not get filled. I've seen demanding people asking for requests repeatedly and not getting them. We don't want another board turning into Fanhome's flame wars going on right now.

Also, though I don't know how this can be done without self-policing, there should be a way to make sure submissions that contain copyrighted material doesn't initiate legal action. In other words, you modify some college bulldog logo for a baseball team, and that team turns out to be a pro team (it could happen), lawsuits can follow. It could be paranoia, and that's probably the fault of the designer for stealing artwork, but in this day, everyone is liable for that stuff.

Bottom line: I am for a request board getting created.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My question is, how is this different than the short-lived Concepts board we had? This is an even narrower category of topic that goes onto that board (and it was slim-pickin's enough with the concepts board). The explanation for closing the concepts board was that it belonged on the main board, and people don't want to have to switch back and forth to see everything they can see here in one shot.

Now it may surprise you that, after all this, I am for the creation of this board. I do it because I trust the fact that Chris and Justin have this under control, and because requests aren't one of my favourite type of thread. Anyway, I guess the logos that come out of the requests can be posted on the main board as concepts.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know lately I have done a few requests and mainly cuz I had nothing better to do... but... i have a bit of an issue with people having their first post as a request... I don't mind doing it for a person that I see contributes to the community but when someone comes on and may never see them again or they may use our work as "theirs" that kinda scares me... but i went off topic... i dunno... there has been alot of requests lately will that trend continue who knows... so i say it could keep the clutter off the main board so ok...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Phil,

I think it differs in the fact that when we post a concept, we do it with the intention of sharing it with the board, and I think most board members enjoy viewing them and critiquing them. I felt like I had to see the concepts because I wanted to, and therefore I hated switching boards. With requests, I generally don't like seeing them. I don't feel like I have to read them all, I don't want to. However, if they are on a seperate board, they won't clutter this one, and if someone is in the mood to just design, they can go check that board for requests. I don't know if that made sense, but I understand what I'm saying.

Anything to clean up the main board of threads not about pro team logos & uniforms has got my support.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I would love to see more logos, but i am not sure if the designers would appreciate being expected to produce. I think the way it's set up now is perfect. just my 2cent :)

Maybe there'd need to be a sticky thread explaining it, but the designers would not be expected to produce. However, designers do frequently decide to be nice and do some of these logos, so I don't think it would be a board of unfulfilled requests. The point of the board is to get the requests off of this main board, and it would serve as the best place for people wanting a logo to try and get one. No gurantees.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived