Slovakia-USA game

shadesofblack

pretty exciting game wouldnt u say. 0-0 in the second period. go slovakia! (had to say it....both my parents were born there lol)

Where in Slovakia? (Have I asked you this already?)

My in-laws were over today, and my wife's grandfather is from Slovakia. So we're not totally disappointed, I 'spose.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I hope Hossa and Bondra save some goal-scoring for March.....

The US is possibly in trouble. Not because of Sweden and Russia on the horizon, because the US can beat either of them. But if the US doesn't win, and gets blown out in either or both games, that Latvia-Kazakhstan game will determine if the US gets in, because of goal differential. I'm not confident in a possible 0-4 Kazakhstan playing hard in their last game against a desperate Latvian team.

I didn't expect too much from the US this year... and that's proving true.

What can you do?

Not invite Tkachuk to be on the team.

Why not? He's played about as well as anyone from what I've watched.

And he's been pretty unstoppable for the Blues. Unfortunatley he's only played in about 20 games though.

Well the best player named DiPietro in these Olympics is playing for Switzerland....

Sorry, but I don't think you can blame DiPietro for todays loss, nor playing poorly throughout the two games which he has started. But yes, Paul DiPietro has looked good as well.

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

You can't blame DiPietro at all for the loss today...he had a very solid game in net (that save on Satan's breakaway was something else).

Slovakia's a much better team than people were thinking though...sure, you knew they had offense to spare with Gaborik, Marian Hossa, Demitra, Satan, etc., but the major question mark had to be their goaltending. So far, Budaj has stepped up.

One parting thought on Slovakia...they're without Handzus, Nagy, and Stumpel...imagine how much more scarier that team would be if all 3 of those guys were healthy and playing...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived