Steelers concept

GameCock82

i'm not feeling it. i never want to see their classic northwestern style striping bastardized like so many other teams before them. I like the current numbers a bit better since they match the helmet numbers and are unique to the nfl with them being the only italicized. I like the idea of a gold jersey but i don't like the idea of black pants. I'm not sure if there is a better way around it though. Can anybody do a photoshop of a real player and put him in black pants and a gold jersey?

All in all, not crazy about it.

Those sleeve stripes don't say "Pittsburgh Steelers" the way their current (Northwestern-style) stripes do.

Changing the uniform number fonttakes away from the look as well. I like the way the jersey numbers have the same font as the helmet numbers, which is the only decent justification for not going with Block Varsity numbers on the jerseys. Using Helvetica doesn't look right for a jersey, and it doesn't match with anything on the rest of the uniform.

The black pants are OK, but again - it doesn't say "Steelers" to me. I'd say their look is as set in stone as any, and 5 Super Bowls (1 with the new numbers, I know... but overall, this look is pretty much unchanged for 35 years) back that up.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Something about this just appeals to me. I don't really like the yellow jersey though. A question, does the helmet have a logo on both sides?

does any1 know why the steelers only have the logo on one side? its always bugged me. they do it on their field as well, one side diagonal lines, another side it has the team logo

i like the centered patch, but everything else is questionable. yellow jerseys make me think of those old pittsburgh pirates hats for some reason, and the numbers being gone from the helmet just looks wierd to me. go back to italic font for jersey numbers, people need to stop whining about losing block numbers anyway, its almost been 10 years, and italics look fine.

Archived