Snowboard Cross

Alphabet Man

how awesome is this event...apparently it is new to the Olympics but it cool....only event i managed to get my mum to watch with me

also i have to mention the American who had to show off on the last jump and lost (haha had to do that, anyway there's a thread below for that topic!)

back on Snowboard Cross, it looks great, who agrees? or doesn't?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

also i have to mention the American who had to show off on the last jump and lost (haha had to do that, anyway there's a thread below for that topic!)

I read that she actually was not showing off but in fact trying to stabalize herself. I guess alot of Snowboard Cross riders do that while going over jumps to not only stabalize themselves but also keep their speed constant in the air by reducing drag. However, I also read that she looked to of done it a little to carelessly (proably due to the lead she had) and just took a spill. I just wanted to let everyone know what both ESPN and NBC said about it and how she wasn't really "showing off"

PopHeading-1.gif

I read that she actually was not showing off but in fact trying to stabalize herself. I guess alot of Snowboard Cross riders do that while going over jumps to not only stabalize themselves but also keep their speed constant in the air by reducing drag. However, I also read that she looked to of done it a little to carelessly (proably due to the lead she had) and just took a spill. I just wanted to let everyone know what both ESPN and NBC said about it and how she wasn't really "showing off"

You are right about some boarders grabbing their boards for stability. That was her original story. However, she later fessed up and admitted she was showing off a little.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I loved watching the snowboard cross. They should air the next event and see if the ratings come. I'd tune it in. It was very exciting to watch.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd like to see the olympics adopt the format used in the X Games. It's basically the same thing but with 6 riders instead of 4 with the top 3 from each heat advancing.

Along these lines I'd like to see the IOC bring in more X Games-esque sports such as skiercross and skiing halfpipe. I know from coaching both that these sports are really starting to take off globaly not just in North America and they should capitalize on this like they did with snowboarding.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I've always loved Boarder-X. it's been a staple of WinterX for like 10 years, always one of my favourite events.

Shaun Palmer, one of the best and most underappreciated atheletes in the world, won it like 4 times in a row in the late 90's. I agree too though, that it's much better with 6 riders instead of 4.

Archived