Edmonton Oilers Whites

rmackman

OILERZ.jpg

Of the uniforms I miss I had forgotten that Edmonton once had dark blue on their shoulders. I think they should bring those back, and I was curious as to what everyone else thought.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't know why the shoulders were removed in favor of just plain looking jerseys. Looks too much like the Blackhawks whites. Edmonton should definetly go back to those. I think they were only used for one year and don't understand the switch.

I liked the blue on the shoulders look for the Oilers' current uniforms. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that gold shoulders would look that good on the navy uniforms as I'm pretty sure the white ones were changed in the name of consistency between the two sets.

I agree. I like the jersey better with the blue shoulders.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

And also along with the Oilers bringing back blue shoulders, the Flyers need to bring back these:

lg_lindros_all_01.jpg

They were done away with in favor of making their black alternates the primaries. Lets see, teams who have done away with their primaries and made the alternates the primary set:

Ottawa

Philadelphia

Florida

Pittsburgh did before they changed back to the skating penguin

Washington

NY Rangers tried to but gave up on the idea awhile back

Note to the NHL: Alternates should NOT become primaries. DOH!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

When Edmonton trotted out the new jerseys in 1996, everybody bought the navy one because they not only looked pretty cool, but because they were at least a recognizable change from the old jersey.

The new white jersey from 1996 looks almost identical to the old one, and, at that time, people had grown tired of the old look, for the most part. Instead of seeing the glory years of Gretzky and Messier in the blue and orange, we were now more used to the likes of Todd Elik and Joe Murphy.

Incidentally, in 1997-98, the first year that the Oilers wore the white jersey without the blue shoulder stripe, the stripes on the bottom of both jerseys were slimmer than in 1996-97. They widened the stripes again for the 1998-99 season.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

While we're at it,can they please go back to their old colors of royal blue and bright orange?

Those were awful--their current colours are so much better--and I'm saying that as a logo & jersey fan

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

As much as I still hate the Oilers for 1985 and 1987, their traditional uniforms were better than what they've got today. Better colors, and the colored shoulder yoke reflected the Canadiens' white jerseys while today's sweaters remind people of mediocrity (Blackhawks). Navy and copper don't channel much of anything. When I see those old uniforms, I think invincibility. Intrinsically, royal and orange don't intimidate anyone. But that team made it work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I agree, bring back the blue stripe. But the Oilers color scheme is gross. That burnt orange is horrid.

The Oilers have no burnt orange in their colour scheme.

Their colours are navy blue, copper, red and white.

Archived