Picture of Mets new Stadium

NJTank

Thanks to www.stadiumpage.com for this blown up image of the future stadium taken from The Daily News...

mets318.jpg

As an avid Mets fan, I would say this stadium looks amazing and I cannot wait to go to Opening Day in 2009!

That looks great. Can someone say the Anti-Shea.

Agreed. Now they just need to put some bells and whistles in the neighborhood around it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Happy for the Mets, Yankees and the City of New York. It about time we get a new stadium or arena. Seems like every city was gettin a new sports venue but us. In NY, we always talked about new stadiums but never made it happen. Now NY and both baseball teams are making it happen this Summer with their ground breakings. I can't wait.

By the way, Anyone for certain who will buy the naming right to the Mets' ballpark?

CitiCorp i dont think is official

You guys missed the best part of that whole story on the front page:

Said outfielder Victor Diaz, who said the pictures reminded him of Cincinnati's new park: "It looks nice. I hope I'll be playing in it. The first year it opens it will give us good memories, and hopefully we can win a championship one year in the new ballpark."

One year? Probably not, Victor. :D

Archived